Budget and Rates Administrator
Company: WTS International
Posted on: August 3, 2022
The Modesto Irrigation District is currently recruiting to fill
one full-time regular vacancy in the Planning & Pricing Department,
Finance Division,toprovide technical direction and staff
supervision involved as part of the planning, administration,
development and implementation of the annual budget. This position
leads in the development and maintenance of metrics and dashboards
for all key performance indicators. Additionally, the position is
responsible in overseeing the District's electric retail rate
design including development of revenue projections and targets.
Any Qualified Individual May Apply. The Budget and Rates
Administrator is an exempt position and is allocated to the
Professional and Supervisory Bargaining Unit. The list established
as a result of this recruitment may be used to fill other Budget
and Rates Administrator vacancies that may occur through July 5,
2023. Any combination of education, experience, knowledge and
abilities may satisfy the necessary minimum qualifications. A
typical way to obtain the education, experience, knowledge and
abilities would be: Experience: Ten (10) years significant
experience in finance, budgeting, and ratemaking. Knowledge of:
- Budgeting and finance principles and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail while maintaining a strategic
- Electric utility costing theory, including retail rate design
and average and marginal costing.
- Trends of electrical rate design; costing and pricing
- Banking activities.
- Economic objectives of pricing; load research techniques
- Utility systems operations and electric resource planning,
utility accounting leadership principles and practices.
- Managerial theories, principles, methods and techniques.
- Coordinate and facilitate large and diverse groups to consensus
and accomplish assigned goals.
- Keep current on relevant utility budgeting, financial issues,
and rates, maintain an expanded knowledge of relevant District
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders associated with
budgeting, finance and rate design.
- Analyze and present information for approval.
- Develop effective rate programs.
- Negotiate cost effective contracts.
- Evaluate bank performance.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Manage multiple projects with limited resources.
- Ability to adjust to multiple and changing priorities, and deal
with ambiguity while understanding the District's business model.
Special Requirement : Possession of a valid California Class C
Keywords: WTS International, Modesto , Budget and Rates Administrator, Accounting, Auditing , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!