Senior Financial Analyst
Company: DISA Global Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Modesto Facility, 555 Mariposa Road, Modesto, California, United
States of America Req #857 Friday, August 19, 2022 SunOpta
Overview: SunOpta Inc. is a leader in the plant-based foods and
beverages, fruit-based foods and beverages, and organic ingredient
sourcing industries. SunOpta is focused on sustainability and
specializes in the sourcing, processing, and packaging of organic,
conventional, non-GMO food products.
SunOpta is looking for talented individuals that demonstrate our
most valued behaviors: Passion, Dedication, Speed,
Entrepreneurship, Customer-Centricity, and Problem-Solver, to help
create a brighter, healthier, and sustainable future of food! Job
As a key member of the Plant Leadership team, the Senior Financial
Analyst (SFA) is responsible for providing day-to-day financial
analysis and reporting for the Plant team and the HQ Finance team.
Additionally, this position is responsible for assisting in the
maintenance of the internal control environment. The SFA is
expected to acquire a detailed understanding of the plant's
operations and loss points and develop strong working relationships
with both Plant and HQ team members.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Prepare weekly and monthly analysis of actual costs versus
- Identify root causes of variances and lead or participate in
efforts to reduce variances.
- Develop and improve analysis and reporting to support plant
leadership in managing cost performance and drive cost
- Partner with other plant team members to identify, implement
and measure cost reduction projects.
- Review and close manufacturing batches working closely with
Operations and Logistics team to ensure that all batch transactions
are accurately recorded.
- Capture and analyze data for weekly reporting on plant
- Provide explanations and insights to Plant Manager for
communication during the weekly performance review with Senior
- Perform on-going analysis of inventory transactions and
accuracy, ensure required approvals for all adjustments, partner
with Logistics team to improve inventory accuracy and turns.
- Participate in physical inventory count process.
- Prepare journal entries, inventory reserve calculations,
account analysis and reconciliation, and internal control
documentation for the month end close process.
- Assist with preparation of periodic forecasts and the annual
- Participate in costing and manage all standard costing models
- Maintain CAPEX budget and RCA processes
- Manage internal and external audit processes
- Maintain Internal control documentation
- Other duties, as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- None. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related
- 5+ years of relevant work experience. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in Finance/Cost Accounting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of an accounting and enterprise resource
planning (ERP) system (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, SAP).
- Strong analytical skills along with attention to detail and
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, problem solve and
work with limited supervision.
- Deliver strong performance independently and as a member of
- Awareness of generally accepted accounting principles and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Additional
- Travel Expectation: Up to 5%
- Location: This position will be at our SunOpta Plant in
- Relocation or international remote working arrangements
(outside of the US) will not be considered. Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
- Modesto Facility, 555 Mariposa Road, Modesto, California,
United States of America
Keywords: DISA Global Solutions, Inc., Modesto , Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!