Receptionist - Registration - Limited Term/26 wks
Company: Sutter Gould Medical Foundation
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Sutter Gould Medical Foundation (SGMF) is a non-profit,
multi-specialty health care organization affiliated with Sutter
Health. Based in Modesto, SGMF provides quality medical care,
health education and research activities in a five-county area.
SGMF's medical staff includes family practitioners, internists and
pediatricians, as well as a range of specialist physicians.
Services include imaging, nuclear medicine, a health library,
health education programs, occupational medicine, diabetes
education, nutrition counseling, infertility counseling, and weight
The Receptionist is responsible for welcoming, greeting and
assisting patients and visitors to the Foundation, while providing
excellent customer service. This position may check in patients for
appointments, schedule appointments, enter messages into the
electronic health record, accepting and assisting with paperwork,
accepting copays and handling cash. At some locations this position
performs tasks associated with the following: off-site visits, bump
lists, duties with Worker's Compensation Occupational Health,
rejection reports, insurance authorizations medical records and
duties associated with imaging.
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Medical terminology is preferred.
- Professional Medical Office Program Certificate
- Typing certificate for 35 WPM required and required to be
furnished at time of interview.
- Customer Service skills such as would be gained working with
the public for minimum of 1 year.
- Candidate must have previous experience working with computers
working in an office setting.
- Skills in handling money, making change and balancing a cash
drawer such as would be gained in 6 months of previous experience
- Two years previous experience in the medical field and a basic
knowledge of medical insurances is preferred.
- A working knowledge of computer systems and their software
applications is essential for this position.
- Knowledge of Epic or a willingess to learm.
- A knowledge of what constitutes excellent customer service and
going the extra mile is required.
- The ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in
- Some office locations may require fluency in other
- The ability to communicate professionally, calmly and
effectively with all customers in a medical office
- The ability to deal effectively with challenging customer
- The ability to complete multiple tasks with a high level of
accuracy and insure quality communications.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities with frequent
interruptions is a required skill. Math skills sufficient to
appropriately handle cash and make correct change are
- The ability to promote a positive teamwork through excellent
attendance, great attitude, and a spirit of cooperation.
- Organizational and prioritization skills are required.
- The ability to pay attention to detail is required.
- The ability to keep both patient and business information
confidential and comply with HIPPA.
- Well developed phone and customer service skills are important
skills for this position.
- Good spelling and grammar skill are essential for this
- Ability to learn how to operate office equipment is
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status,
sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex,
gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationalorigin
(including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals
who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age,
medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or
protected veteran status, political affiliation,pregnancy or
perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical
condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made
unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
External hires must pass a backgroundcheck/drug screening.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal,
state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: Sutter Gould Medical Foundation, Modesto , Receptionist - Registration - Limited Term/26 wks, Administration, Clerical , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!