Company: Westland Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: August 5, 2022
JOB REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, the
individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this
position in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
necessary to meet the minimum job requirements. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform these essential functions. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering (Master's
- Must have experience in tooling design, mechanical design or
test equipment design using Solidworks and CNC Machine.
- Preferred experience includes:
- Experience integrating mechanical designs into production or
- Experience with processing of composite structures or
- 3 plus years of direct related experience preferred.
- Experience in Systems Engineering a plus.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of blueprints reading and Geometric Dimensioning &
Tolerancing (GD&T) and associated tolerancing.
- Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical
principles and statistics to solve problems.
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing
mechanical systems and products.
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Must be self-motivated and a great team worker.
- Quality focus
- Strong interpersonal skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops designs for tooling, test equipment and machinery
related to both production and developmental products. Includes
development of specifications, design criteria and drawings.
Proficiency in Solidworks is a requirement.
- Works with vendors to produce tooling and associated hardware.
Integrates hardware into production & research/development
- Develops design and integrates machinery and material
processing equipment to support prototyping and production
- Work with customers and technical personnel to ensure
requirements are met in production. Sets up prototype equipment and
uses experimental materials to test theories/designs
- Discusses progress and interim findings at monthly technical
review meetings. Continues with project in original concept, or
modifies direction based on commentary and decision of technical
- Performs specialized programming, design, or analysis of tasks
under indirect supervision.
- Follows detailed instructions as to working plans and
- Knowledgeable of applicable concepts, principles, and
procedures in task area.
- Supports preparation of research and analysis reports.
- Plans, conducts, technically directs, and evaluates projects or
tasks, requiring coordination of the efforts of engineers and
technical support staff.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with
- Responsible for formulation of the opinions, decisions, and
ultimate performance of the task specified in the statement of work
contained in the task order.
- Clearly demonstrate the capability for providing in-depth,
professional review of the various sophisticated
computer/electronics related problems that are encompassed by the
scope of the contract.
- Shall be competent in providing top-level assessment reviews
involving the resolution of complex problems.
- Applies engineering experience to perform functions such as
systems integration, configuration management, quality assurance,
testing and analysis.
- Must be capable of independently performing high-level
assessment and review functions for problems called out in the
individual delivery orders and shall be required to provide
definitive written and oral results/recommendations for tests that
have been conducted.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by the employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- BODY POSITIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of
time. There are also occasions when the employee will be required
- BODY MOVEMENTS: The employee must have a full range of body
movements including use of hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, computer equipment and peripherals, and the ability to
bend, reach, and crouch.
- BODY SENSES: Must have command of all five senses: sight,
hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required
include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
focus. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to
shift in focus from equipment to close small parts.
- STRENGTH: Must have the ability to lift 30-40 pounds. WORKING
- This position will be working indoors in an office environment
but also requires the employee to work in production areas on a
regular basis. From this movement, the employee will encounter
varying temperatures, lighting conditions, and air quality from one
area to the next.
- The noise level in the work environment is at acceptable levels
but can be higher from time to time in some areas. Westland
Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: Westland Technologies, Inc., Modesto , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!