Engineering Manager - Salida
Company: Blue Diamond Growers
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Job Summary:Leads, develops and provides strategic direction to
the engineering, maintenance teams, and site master plan process to
meet the goals of the Blue Diamond Grower's Global Supply Team,
specifically in the 5 key focus areas of Safety, Quality, Service,
Performance and People., Collaborates with cross-functional
departments to ensure the proper implementation of projects,
maintenance best practices (standards and programs), training, and
processes to ensure delivery in the five key focus areas. Leads
through continuous improvement and innovation to ensure high
performing targets are delivered.Job Description:ESSENTIAL
- Leads, organizes, develops and provides strategic direction to
the engineering team (responsible for both industrial and product
engineering initiatives), plant maintenance team (mechanical,
electrical, controls, automation and facilities), and capital
projects to meet company objectives resulting in margin enhancement
for the manufacturing site but also Global Supply as a whole.
- Oversees site master plan to ensure capital expenditure process
delivers objectives for ongoing needs and innovation.
- Manages capital expenditure process with site master plan to
ensure proper planning exists for strategic plan horizon as well as
managing execution of projects.
- Ensures that projects are delivered on time and within
- Drives continuous improvement methodologies to ensure strong
execution of projects.
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used
for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine cost
benefit and financial feasibility.
- Coordinates with corporate resources to ensure site and
projects are compliant with environmental regulations and
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring
projects such as preparation of records, budgets, and project team
meetings to inform management of status of each project.
- Manages the maintenance process for the site to ensure that
mechanical, electrical, controls and industrial needs are met.
- Collaborates with other cross-functional stakeholders to ensure
that key performance indicators are met and sustained, aligning
resources, and sustaining systems as needed to ensure
- Ensures that maintenance systems are effective for all lines
and equipment including spare parts management, preventative
maintenance process, line overhauls, and building and facility
- Leads plant maintenance and engineering teams through goal
setting and execution that align with BDG corporate and site key
- Partners on individual development and stretch goals with
direct and indirect reports.
- Responsible for key performance indicator management, problem
solving tools, direction setting meetings, and standards and
- Approves and submits proposals considered feasible to
management for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates
funds from the department budget.
- Recommends budgets to leaders, including staff use, technology,
facility and equipment requirements or improvement.
- Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales
planning and to ascertain engineering requirements to develop new
- This job description reflects management's assignment of
essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assignedMINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical,
Industrial, or Chemical Engineering.
- 7 years of plant maintenance, project management, manufacturing
experience or the equivalent.
- Previous people leadership experience.
- Experience leading large capital projects.
- Proficient in computer skills using software in word
processing, spreadsheets and relational database systems.
- Experienced in preparing a detailed operating budget and
interpreting financial analysis.
- Possess thorough knowledge of manufacturing equipment or like
equipment, including troubleshooting, setting preventative
maintenance schedules and updating as required.
- Must have a good understanding of SPC and/or associated
- Experience performing detailed maintenance and capital planning
schedules to ensure long and short-term production requirements are
- Experienced working under and meeting tight deadlines.PREFERRED
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- CPG food or beverage manufacturing experience.
- Electrical Engineering or Controls Engineering experience.
- Experience developing, implementing, and managing continuous
- Experience working proactively as a member of a project team or
- Experience communicating (both written and verbal) as well as
working with various levels within an organization.
- Ability to build or influence a maintenance program resulting
in strong preventative measures and strong development of technical
- Skilled at explaining technical processes to an audience
possessing varying levels of technical acumen.
- Skilled in operating with a great degree of flexibility
resulting from ever changing market conditions.SUPERVISORY
- 1-5Titles of Direct Reports
- Manager-Maintenance, Project Engineer, and their direct
- Must be able to physically move throughout the facility,
including climbing multiple flights of stairs, ladders, elevated
catwalks and tight access areas. Able to sit/work at a desk for
extended periods of time doing things such as analytical work or
reports, which requires focus, while utilizing a computer. Weekend
work required as needed.WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to work in a plant environment being exposed to
dust, high noise levels, extreme temperature and humidity
fluctuations, dirty work conditions, fumes and odors from welding
and other maintenance processes, poor lighting, and wet operation
work conditions. Typical conditions may include prolonged sitting,
standing and walking. Must be able to work all
shifts.Education:Bachelors (Required)Other Job Details:Work
Shift:DayPay Type:SalaryHourly Rate (if applicable):N/AGrow your
career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!Blue Diamond
Growers (BDG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. BDG
provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants
without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or
disability status, or genetic information. BDG also complies with
all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated
September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders
of the Secretary of Labor.
Keywords: Blue Diamond Growers, Modesto , Engineering Manager - Salida, Engineering , Salida, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!