Company: The Haskell Company
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Haskell is looking for a Project Manager for our Livermore, CA
With customer service a top priority, the Haskell culture is
responsive, entrepreneurial and collaborative. Excellence and
delivering successful results are only possible with talented
professionals and we seek the best to join our team.
This resource This resource will deal with managing design/build,
construction management or construct only projects from project
assignment through completion. Accountable for all construction
activities on assigned project(s).
Project Manager I: Manages design/build, construction management or
construct only projects from project assignment through completion.
Accountable for all construction activities on assigned
Project Manager II: Responsible for handling larger more complex
project; is the single point of contact to communicate directly
1. Assists project directors in responding to RFP's including the
preparation of conceptual estimates, schedules and other proposal
documents. Participates in client presentation if required.
2. Monitors the progress of design documents. Participates in
design review meetings and provides input regarding
constructability, as well as scope and cost changes.
3. Prepares detailed estimates, cost code input, and cost control
4. Responsible for preparing bid packages and invitation to bid
inquiries, receiving and analyzing bids, qualifying subcontractors,
and awarding subcontracts and major purchase orders.
5. Works with director of construction and construction core
personnel to establish job organization including superintendent
and PCE requirements.
6. Plans, sequences, and schedules the project with input from the
superintendent and subcontractors. Manages the project schedule,
conducts job site meetings and prepares updated schedules.
7. Responsible for project cost control including updating of labor
cost reports, summary cost reports and project status
8. Coordinates requirements of governing authorities for permits,
inspections and final approval of the project with A/E.
9. Maintains submittal control, including scheduling, receiving,
reviewing, approving and expediting submittals from suppliers and
subcontractors to comply with progress schedule.
10. Manages client relations, including progress meetings,
correspondence, periodic reports, change orders and response to
11. Prepares requisitions for payment and other required project
invoicing. Maximizes project cash flow through invoicing and
12. Prepares and secures owner acceptance of contract change
orders. Issues modifications to subcontracts and purchase orders
after owner acceptance and updates budget in summary cost
13. Manages payments to subcontractors and vendors, including
reviewing and approving schedules of value, pay requisitions,
invoices and required insurance coverage.
14. Manages subcontractor and supplier performance issues including
documentation, default notices and replacement, if necessary.
15. Reviews and monitors project progress, quality and safety.
Works with superintendent and makes corrections as required to
comply with contract and company policy and procedures.
16. Assists in the development of construction personnel through
mentoring and on-the-job training.
17. Effectively manages project close-out tasks and any warranty
Project Manager I: Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction
management or equivalent plus three years minimum in construction
Project Manager II: Bachelor's degree in engineering or
construction management or equivalent plus 5 years minimum in
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc..:
1. Fluent in Korean
2. Expertise in managing resources, including budgets, schedules
and materials in an environment of multiple, competing demands
3. Knowledge of estimating, construction methods, engineering,
equipment and technology
4. Excellent understanding of safety procedures.
5. Excellent organizational, supervisory, communication,
collaboration and analytical skills
6. Ability to travel per project requirements
7. Ability to understand and execute the company vision and values
of Team, Excellence, Service and Trust
Environmental Factors and/or Physical Requirements: While
performing the duties of this job, this position is required to
have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other
locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch,
and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50
pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger
dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a
keyboard, operate equipment and read application/form information.
The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and
arms, talk and hear. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: The Haskell Company, Modesto , Project Manager, Executive , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!