Senior Project Manager-Heavy Civil
Company: George Reed, Inc.
Posted on: June 20, 2022
"OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR STRATEGY"We are growing and in need of
Senior Project Manager-Heavy Civil for our George Reed, Inc.
faciltiy.Come join a team with a great company culture that offers
competitive wages and benefits!! We offer Paid Time Off, Medical,
Dental, Vision Care Insurance. We offer a 401k program. A Pension
Program, Life Insurance, AD&D and opportunities for growth and
development.George Reed, Inc has an exciting opportunity for a
Senior Project Manager-Heavy Civil in the Modesto/Sacramento area.
The ideal candidate must have extensive experience in Civil
Engineering. This position plays a critical role in our
organization and will be responsible for estimating and managing
complex projects, both public and private. This position will also
prepare estimates independently or as a team member, typically as
its leader in the direction of the Chief Estimator and, in some
instances, Construction Manager. Furthermore, the Senior Project
Manager/Estimator will also coordinate the project schedule and
produce monthly progress reports while maintaining the integrity of
the projects to ensure that the production and completion schedules
are met. Individual responsibilities for the projects will increase
depending on the project complexity. Required skills include
business development, client relations, subcontractor-vendor
relations, excellent time management, leadership, and
- Pursue projects to bid
- Schedule quantity takeoffs
- Prepare estimates using software by HCSS
- Prepare estimates with the proper level of detail for all
design stages: Conceptual, schematic design, design development,
and construction documents
- Consult with clients, architects, subcontractors, and material
suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, effect cost
reductions, and resolve problems
- Work with the operations team throughout the preconstruction
process to review plans and specifications for issues and to
determine the general requirements of the project
- Ability to manage and track multiple preconstruction projects
- Analyze alternate means and methods to determine the most
economic preconstruction alternative
- Compile and analyze subcontract quotes
- Review estimates of Junior Estimators
- Submit prepared bids assuring accuracy and completeness
- Prepare construction and subcontract agreements
- Arrange construction schedules
- Coordinate project schedule into overall operations schedules
with Construction Manager.
- Schedule appropriate crewing, equipment, subcontractors,
trucking, and materials.
- Produce monthly progress billings and sub pay estimates.
- Follow up on collections.
- Review production status daily with Project Managers, Project
Engineers, and Superintendents
- Assure that the project team acts with integrity and employs
ethical behavior during all stages of the estimating process.
- Analyze progress consistently and compare to budget (estimate)
to avoid overruns and costly delays.
- Special projects as assigned.Qualifications
- Minimum of 5-10 years in the Civil Engineering Fieldto include
experience in public and private works such as roads, bridges, and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software
programs as they relate to engineering and estimating.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and
- Proven leadership qualities.
- Ability to work the hours required to support the role of
Senior Estimator/Senior Project Manager
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or
university preferably in the civil engineering or construction
management area; and/or related experience and/or training, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.AFFIRMATIVE
ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be currently authorized to work in
the United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.
Keywords: George Reed, Inc., Modesto , Senior Project Manager-Heavy Civil, Executive , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!