Assistant Store Manager (Full-Time) - Modesto Junior College Bookstore
Company: Barnes & Noble Education, Inc.
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Barnes & Noble College is a retail partner for nearly 800
colleges and universities nationwide. - We offer a retail
environment like no other - uniquely focused on delivering
essential educational content, tools, and merchandise within a
dynamic retail environment on campuses of higher education. - Our
teams interact directly with our customers including students,
faculty, administration, alumni, and the general public to provide
outstanding customer service to sell or rent books, general
merchandise, and an array of products and services for an academic
community.Barnes & Noble College is seeking a resourceful, driven,
adaptable, and customer-focused team member to work as an Assistant
Store Manager in our bookstore. The Assistant Store Manager will
support the Store or General Manager in the daily operation of our
retail store. You will supervise employees and tasks, work directly
with customers, and play an instrumental role in carrying out the
directives of the manager. Cash handling, customer service, team
building, and problem solving are essential skills that will be
used on a daily basis.As an Assistant Store Manager you will
support all store operations and departments in partnership with
the Store Manager or General Manager. - You may be involved in
purchasing for one or more departments, directing operational
functions, and/or with scheduling and team development. - At all
times you will be expected to deliver outstanding customer service
to the academic and co-curricular community while helping the store
to meet or exceed sales goals, identify business opportunities, and
motivate our team. - With people management you may have direct
involvement with training, directing, and counseling our team to
help create excitement around our products, programs, and
initiatives. - Driving our team to create customer experiences that
enhance bookstore loyalty, and deliver measurable results will be a
daily expectation. -Expectations:
- Develop a working knowledge of all departments in the store to
provide daily support, direction, and guidance to customers and
- Assign and direct work activities for booksellers or other
management team members to ensure delivery of services, sales, and
- Maintain a presence on the sales floor to greet customers,
answer questions, and assist with purchases of merchandise or
services when necessary.
- Manage customer and/or employee issues appropriately, timely,
and with respect.
- Assist with hiring and training new employees for the sales
floor or other departments.
- Maintain an appealing sales floor-- shelf, arrange, clean, and
organize product or space within the store.
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash,
credit, or financial aid payments.Physical Demands:
- Frequent movement within the store to access various
departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
climbing ladders. -COVID-19 Considerations:Our stores comply with
all applicable federal, state and local requirements and/or
recommendations regarding social distancing and sanitizing. In
accordance with individual campus requirements, positions may
require confirmation of vaccination. The use of face masks
throughout the day and while on campus may also be expected or
- 3+ years' experience in a retail setting.
- 1+ year supervisory experience preferred or a graduate of the
Best Seller Program.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings,
weekends, and holidays.
- Familiarity with financial and customer service
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving
skills.Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the
workplace. - -Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Barnes & Noble Education, Inc., Modesto , Assistant Store Manager (Full-Time) - Modesto Junior College Bookstore, Executive , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!