Posted on: September 23, 2022
OverviewHiring Immediately General Manager Transdev Services,
Inc. is hiring a General Manager at its transit operation located
in Modesto, CA. The ideal candidate will have overall
responsibility of this fixed route operation including the delivery
of safe and reliable service, employee oversight, management of
contract assets, risk management, client and customer satisfaction
and financial performance. This position reports to the Regional
Vice President.Come join the largest private-sector operator of
public transportation in North America - one that cares about its
employees, passengers, and their communities.Responsibilities
- Setting the commercial and operational strategic direction for
the business unit team and leads the management team and employee
workforce to achieve corporate/property safety goals, service
performance, and financial objectives.
- Responsible for identifying and developing business growth
opportunities from existing customers. Close working relationship
with Technology Software development team will be required to
ensure strong alignment between customer requirements and software
- Responsible for optimizing the return on assets deployed within
the business to include vehicle scheduling, maintenance and
- Responsible for identifying and analyzing KPIs to help improve
- Ensuring services are provided within budget and action plans
developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies.
- Responsible for determining and delivering business unit
- Ensuring compliance with State and Federal regulation and
compliance with Transdev corporate safety standards.
- Develop relationships with external customers.
- Responsible for all staff management and development and
training in liaison with the corporate team as appropriate.
- Other duties as required.QualificationsEducation:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Logistics,
Transportation or related field or equivalent business experience
preferred.Field and years of experience required:
- 5+ or more years of relevant fixed route transit and/or
paratransit management experience required.
- 5+ or more years management experience required.
- Labor relations experience a must.
- Proven customer service and employee development experience
- Proven experience dealing with client and local government
- Business development experience required.Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state employment laws.
- Thorough knowledge of laws, ordinances and regulations
underlying the transit operation.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods of operation of the transit
systems staff and operational departments.
- Ability build solid and maintain strong working relationships
with client representatives.
- Ability to work with multiple levels of internal and external
- Ability to manage cost control and financial/budget experience
handling multiple locations.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel
and PowerPoint programs.
- Understanding of technology, apps, Wi-Fi, and understanding of
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent
presentation skills; ability to influence people at all levels of
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently, strong
attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively with labor, including labor
grievances and negotiations.
- Travel requirement: About Transdev: Based near Chicago,
Transdev is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes
of transit in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar,
paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being
the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities through
quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent company,
Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and integrator of
mobility operating in 17 countries and provides passengers every
day the freedom to connect to what they care about in their
cities.For more information, please visit our website
atwww.transdevna.comThe above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon
request.Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair
and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.Job Locations USA-CA-ModestoPosted Date 6 days
ago (9/9/2022 11:37 AM)Requisition ID 2022-23687Position Category
General Managers/Assistant General Managers/Operations
ManagersInternal Reference 388Company/Division Transdev
Keywords: Transdev, Modesto , General Manager, Executive , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!