Safety Manager (Western Region, Traveling)
Company: Dennis Group Construction & Site Safety
Posted on: January 27, 2023
About the Job We are seeking talented individuals to assist in
the development, management, and implementation of a Health and
Safety Program for all of Dennis Group's projects. This position
requires knowledge of OSHA regulations, safety management, accident
investigation and training in the construction industry. The
professional will be a member of our safety department and his/her
responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist in developing and implementing health and safety
- Assist in developing, implementing, and coordinating health and
safety training and activities.
- Must be familiar with federal, state and local safety laws to
ensure the organization complies with all current safety
- Perform construction job site safety inspections, maintain
files, and conduct special studies and investigations related to
safety and health for the company.
- May be required to act as full-time on site safety coordinator
for projects as required.
- Assist in the development of goals, objectives, policies, and
priorities of the Company.
- Prepare OSHA and other government required reports as
- Compile incident rate data on injuries, accidents, etc.
- Prepare and deliver safety toolbox talks and safety training
topics for contractors
- Prepare, implement and enforce Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and
Activities Hazard Analysis (AHAs).
- Attend and prepare safety actions for pre-construction
conferences, pre-work -meetings including inspection meetings, and
periodic in-progress project meetings.
- Review safety programs with client representatives and
- Conduct and document Jobsite Safety Observations
- Review subcontractor safety pre-qualification submittal
- Work with Construction Managers and Sr Safety Managers to
establish job site safety procedures and policies during initial
project mobilization and as needed during the project. Accidents
- Investigate accidents, determine "root causes", and ensure
corrective actions are implemented.
- Prepare and distribute data reports of accident and incident
metrics, such as OSHA recordable and LT rates. Management
- Assist other Safety Managers, Construction Managers, and
Project Managers with health and safety issues as needed.
- Educate and provide training and support to all levels of The
Dennis Group personnel on accident/injury prevention procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in health and safety, risk management, or
construction is required.
- OSHA training and/or other safety certifications strongly
- Ability to travel to job sites throughout North America as
required. Travel is estimated to be 75%+, unless stationed on a
jobsite (first 6 months of employment - training).
- 4+ years of internship or work experience (construction) is
- Candidates that are enrolled in a Bachelor's program in health
and safety will be considered for internship opportunities.
- Proficient in MS Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, and
- Sound judgment and independent decision making required.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills About Us We
plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands
across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we've
focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your
favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store.
Simply put, food isn't one thing we do, it's all we do. Dennis
Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with
experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including
medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time
off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus,
profit-sharing, and retirement plans. Dennis Group is proud to
provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, or genetics.
Keywords: Dennis Group Construction & Site Safety, Modesto , Safety Manager (Western Region, Traveling), Executive , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!