Company: Gunderson Rail Services, LLC
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Address: 884 Codoni Avenue, Modesto, California 95357 Full-Time/Part Time: Full-time Job Description:Summary Description The purpose of this position is to manage, plan, and implement EHS programs and policies. This position will work to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illness, adverse financial impact at a shop level, and ensure applicable regulatory compliance requirements are followed. In addition, this position is also to ensure inputs into the billing system are accurate. Duties and Responsibilities The essential duties and responsibilities are listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate implementation of all EHS rules and regulations.
- Communicate with the Plant / General Manager, Supervisors and Corporate EHS to discuss overall facility performance.
- Maintain communication with all Team Members addressing safety procedures, EHS Alerts, status of corrective actions and all pertinent EHS information.
- Coordinate equipment and building safety inspections in accordance with all current regulations.
- Maintain all required EHS documentation.
- Participate/support shop strategic EHS initiatives.
- Conduct required Team Member training.
- Approve new commodities and chemicals being used at facility.
- Schedule and conduct safety meetings, classes and facility inspections.
- Coordinate all aspects of incident reporting and investigation processes.
- Support Human Resources with managing workers compensation.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable Federal, State, Local and site EHS requirements in the areas of air quality, waste management, hazardous material, water quality, and occupational health and safety.
- Maintain an EHS management system.
- Lead Behavior Based Safety Program and monitor program performance.
- Occasional after-hours, weekend work, and travel may be required.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned including special processes.
- Coordinate EHS capital equipment recommendations.
- Pursue appropriate professional development Other Duties
- Act as liaison between customer and production.
- Ensure accuracy of all billing input into Entrust
- Receive and reply to all Counter Billing Authorities Knowledge, Skills and Abilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual will possess the following knowledge, characteristics, skills and/or abilities:
- Good technical writing & oral communication skills
- Demonstrated management, team leadership, and problem solving capabilities
- Familiarity with Association of American Railroad Requirements (AAR) as well as American Bureau of Shipping Specifications.
- Perform/ prioritize multiple tasks with attention to details.
- Ability to maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Must possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization Education and Experience
- Four years related experience in a steel fabrication environment with a knowledge of Quality Assurance and manufacturing processes
- Two (2) years college level coursework with emphasis in engineering drawing interpretation and Statistical Process Control, and/or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university and two to four year of environmental compliance and safety experience; or
- Equivalent combination of experience and education
- Excellent organization skills, and ability to multitask.
- Preferred: Syspro and Entrust
- Knowledge of the Federal Railroad Administration's regulations governing the inspection and test of rail cars, and the Association of American Railroads Interchange Rules. Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Required to use personal protective equipment as environmental conditions dictate
- Ability to work in all weather conditions including hot/cold, dry/wet and dusty conditions
Keywords: Gunderson Rail Services, LLC, Modesto , EHS/Billing Manager, Executive , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!