Assistant Branch Manager, Modesto
Company: Self-Help Federal Credit Union
Posted on: November 9, 2019
Position Title: Assistant Branch ManagerStatus: Full-time, Regular,
ExemptLocation: Modesto , CA POSITION SUMMARY:The Assistant Branch
Manager (ABM) supervises and coordinates activities of all branch
staff (MSR, LSR, MSS, or others) and reports to the Branch Manager
(BM) or other designee. The ABM oversees, coaches and trains all
branch staff in promoting products and services, member
transactions, balancing daily settlements, and meeting member
needs. They assist the BM in conveying a feeling of trust, service,
security and satisfaction to members and staff.The duties of the
ABM are contingent on the scope of the services offered at the
branch. They may be responsible for overseeing the teller function,
ATM balancing, night depository processing, cash shipment, and
member service duties. They must also have a keen familiarity with
credit union products and services.In the absence of the Branch
Manager, the ABM is responsible for all branch operations and
performs all functions according to the policies & guidelines of
the credit union in a friendly, helpful manner.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: In addition to having
mastered the responsibilities of the Member Service Supervisor
(MSS), the ABM is also responsible for the following duties and
BRANCH OPERATIONS/STAFF SUPPORT
- Ensure workstations are organized and equipped for the start of
the business day.
- Prioritize daily, weekly, and monthly calendars ensuring that
the branch is properly staffed and that everyone's time is
maximized to serve the members.
- Provide guidance to branch staff, as appropriate, with more
- Maintain effective branch operations including, timely opening
and closing, adequate staffing levels, and effective member
- Assist with overseeing branch office operations to ensure that
policies, procedures and regulations are being followed.
- Examine, evaluate, and process consumer loan applications
and/or supervise others engaged in this task.
- Give approval for overrides on cash withdrawals and other
transactions based on authorization limits.
- Conduct surprise cash drawer audits.
- Conduct staff meetings, including training and/or providing
regulatory or processes updates. Models great customer service for
- Complete self-assessments, if applicable, and ensure they are
completed thoroughly and accurately and on time.
- Participate and/or lead performance and accountability sessions
with branch staff in conjunction with the Branch Manager.
- The ABM participates, as appropriate, in regular Branch Audit
- Participates in hiring and selection process in conjunction
with Branch Manager.
- Open and explain services to potential account members to
generate additional business. BRANCH AND STAFF GOALS
- Be responsible for on-the-job training of all new branch
- Assist with developing branch level production goals and plans
to achieve them.
- Participate with Branch Manager in developing personal
performance goals of Member Service Representatives, Member Service
Supervisor, and Loan Service Representatives.
- Assist in the origination of consumer loans.
- In some branches, some ABMs may also be trained and responsible
in the origination of mortgage loans.
- Participate (with BM) on the coaching of staff in member
- Oversee training of new employees, develop work schedules, and
monitor work performance.
- Evaluate and adhere to established branch policies, procedures
- Support the Branch Manager in hiring, Catalytic Coaching, and
performance management of branch staff. MEMBER SERVICING/OTHER
- Resolve member account-related problems and ensure positive
- Explain services to potential personal and business account
members to generate additional business for the credit union.
- Adhere to general regulatory procedures including requirements
of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering rules.
- Actively support business development activities including
attending in person, or staffing properly so that staff may
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned. MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Bilingual fluency required.
- An acceptable combination of progressive experience in
management, cash-handling, and/or customer service.
- Either two years' work experience at Self-Help or four years'
work experience in a similar environment.
- Preference for working in organizations that place priority on
teamwork and collaboration
- Strong commitment to our mission - creating economic
opportunity for traditionally underserved communities.
- Ability to demonstrate Self-Help's Core Values
- Experience in developing and/or supervising branch staff.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively - both verbally
and in writing.
- Working knowledge of computer software systems - New Solutions
and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and ability to be
trained and efficiently operate credit union systems and
- Keen attention to detail, ability to effectively organize and
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use keyboard and data entry skills. Strong
interpersonal/ people management skills.
- May be required to travel to cover other branches.
- Ability to work flexible work hours including evenings and
weekends. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.--
Close vision is required.-- Employee is regularly required to: sit;
talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with
hands and arms.-- Employee is frequently required to type and use a
keyboard.-- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to
20 to 40 pounds. This position description is intended to describe
the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this
position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned
duties but to describe a position level. Furthermore, the essential
functions are listed above and reasonable accommodations will be
made to meet the requirements of the American with Disabilities
Act. About Self-Help Federal:Self-Help Federal Credit Union was
chartered in 2008 to build a network of branches that serve working
families and underserved communities. With 17 branches in
California, 9 branches in Illinois, and 1 branch in Wisconsin, over
$1 billion in assets, and serving more than 74,000 members,
Self-Help Federal is one of the fastest-growing low-income
designated credit unions in the country. It is part of the national
Self-Help family of non-profit organizations whose collective
mission is to create and protect ownership and economic opportunity
for all. For 38 years, the Center for Community Self-Help and its
affiliates have provided $8.5 billion in financing to help over
158,000 low-wealth borrowers buy homes, start and build businesses,
and strengthen community resources. For more information, go to and
. We are an equal opportunity employer:SHFCU is committed to
providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless
of race, color, class, age, religion (and lack thereof), disability
that can reasonably be accommodated, marital status (including
domestic partner status), ancestry, nationality, national origin,
family status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related
medical conditions), other medical condition (physical or mental),
AIDS/HIV status, genetic information, sexual identity, gender
identification (including transgender status), sexual orientation,
and veteran status.
Compensation: Competitive nonprofit salary, based on experience,
plus a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life
insurance, flexible spending plan, retirement plan, and paid
parental leave. Please apply to our Human Resources
Department:Interested individuals please send a resume and cover
letter to and reference this job, "Assistant Branch Manager, San
Jose" in the subject line of your message. Please visit our website
at to view the complete job description, as well as all of our
other current job openings. The Self-Help Federal Credit Union is
an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Self-Help Federal Credit Union, Modesto , Assistant Branch Manager, Modesto, Executive , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!