Surgical Technician - ST
Company: CareerStaff Unlimited
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Surgical Technician - ST
CareerStaff Unlimited is looking to hire a Surgical Technician for
2 full-time, contract opportunities in Modesto.CA. ST Performs a
variety of duties in an operating room including technical
assistance to the surgical team and to patients undergoing
surgery.. In addition to our standard benefits, our STs are
preferred in a number of facilities and hospitals in the area.
Contact me today to learn more about this opportunity to work with
a well-known organization!
Hourly Comp: $52.76
Total Comp: $16,640.00
Walk Through: No
**Local travel stipends for those who qualify**
BENEFITS FOR THE Surgical Technician:
- Immediate openings
- 24/7 Answering Service
- Travel Opportunities
- Day shifts available
- Flexible Schedules
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Weekly Pay with Direct Deposit
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
MORE ABOUT THE Surgical Technician:
CareerStaff Unlimited partners with companies around the country to
raise the bar in healthcare by setting new standards for quality
care and personalized services. Responsibilities for this Surgical
Technician opportunity include, but are not limited to:
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Performs a variety of duties in an operating room observing
proper techniques to include preparing rooms with appropriate
instruments, sutures, supplies, and equipment; open sterile
supplies and arrange sterile setups for operations.
2. Assists the surgical teams during operative procedures as
instructed to include passing instruments to surgeon or surgical
assistants and counting sponges, needles and other supplies used
3. Assists circulating nurse in preparing patient for surgery;
assists in positioning patient in prescribed manner; assists in
moving patient onto wheeled stretcher from delivery to recovery
room upon completion of operation.
4. Maintains records, reports, files, or other information on
appropriate forms as required.
5. Assists in the cleanup of operating theater following surgery to
include appropriate disposal of used supplies and sterilization of
instruments; monitors and restocks supplies.
6. Provides direction and guidance in scrub and circulating methods
and techniques to students.
7. Selects and prepares the appropriate supplies and equipment for
8. Operates surgical equipment.
9. Demonstrates empathy and concern for patient comfort and
understanding of treatment.
10. Attends department/hospital meetings as required.
11. Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and
12. Adheres to location and company policy and procedures.
13. Adheres to established HIPAA confidentiality standards of
patient/resident and client/location information.
14 Maintains strict confidentiality of patient and client
information. When not scrubbed in on cases, assists circulator in
activities such as patient transfer, positioning, management of
fluids, obtaining needed items during surgery, and assisting in
room turnover activities.
15. Participate in general Operating Room activities related to:
quality improvement, continuing education, maintenance of unit,
record keeping, planning, orientation of new personnel, emergency
16.Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to
17.Adheres to established AST (Association of Surgical Technicians)
18.Complies with all infection control, universal precautions, and
OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
19. Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers,
patients, family members and hospital personnel.
20.Reports to work at time designed by the client hospital.
21. Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
Adheres to client facility's dress code.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL / VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Certified with the Liaison Council for Surgical Technicians,
- Graduate of an approved medically based and/or certified
program in Surgical Technology.
- Current BLS certification.
- Successful completion of an approved Surgical Technology
- Participates in orientation and continuing education and
updates and maintains knowledge and skills related to Surgical
ABOUT CAREERSTAFF UNLIMITED:
CareerStaff Unlimited, LLC ("CareerStaff") is a leader in the
delivery of workforce solutions and staffing services for the
healthcare industry. Our mission is to connect our clients with
talented healthcare professionals ensuring the delivery of
exceptional patient care. We serve our mission by leveraging a
national network 25+ offices throughout the United States.
CareerStaff's services include travel and per diem employment
opportunities for nurses, therapists and pharmacists.
Additionally, CareerStaff provides Managed Service Programs to
hundreds of healthcare facilities nationally. By offering
unparalleled customer service, unique placement opportunities, top
pay and benefits and employment that meets the lifestyle
requirements of our clinicians, CareerStaff attracts high quality
clinicians who transition well to new environments and rapidly
assimilate into facility teams.
Keywords: CareerStaff Unlimited, Modesto , Surgical Technician - ST, Healthcare , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!