Supervisor, Nurse Practitioner
Company: Alignment Healthcare
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Geriatrics opening in Modesto, California. This and other nurse
practitioner jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com This
position is 50% telehealth and 50% home visits. Visits are done via
video or house calls under strict safety guidelines. You must have
a California NP/PA license or in the process of obtaining a
California NP/PA license.
May offer relocation assistance. Here are some benefits you will
enjoy:• Competitive compensation• Comprehensive benefits package
(medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.)• CME Reimbursement•
Malpractice Insurance• Mileage reimbursement• Paid Time off• Work
schedule M-F 8:00-5:00 PM• No Weekends! No Holidays! No
On-Call!Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to
revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its
unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships
and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to
transforming health care one person at a time.By becoming a part of
the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide members with the
quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great
work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have
built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate
about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this
fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and
innovation alongside the Alignment community.Position Summary:In
collaboration with the Care Anywhere (CAW) Clinical Leadership
Team, provides clinical and operational oversight for all Advanced
Practice Clinicians and is responsible for superior clinical
outcomes for the Care Anywhere Program. Trains Advanced Practice
Clinicians and Physician Assistants in the state of CA. Provides
clinical care services to high-risk patients in a clinic or
home-based setting.General Duties/Responsibilities:(May include but
are not limited to)
- Primary responsibility is retention of existing Advanced
Practice Clinicians; maintain and support team culture and ensure
that Advanced Practice Clinicians team feels well supported from a
clinical, training, and administrative perspective.
- Provides clinical leadership and direction to Advanced Practice
Clinicians in the state of California.
- With direction from CAW Clinical Leadership Team, manages staff
based on policies and procedures that conform to current standards
of practice, company philosophy, and operational policies while
maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and
- Works closely with Alignment HealthCare (AHC) clinical leaders,
regularly discussing any concerns regarding utilization of services
or complicated cases.
- Acts as a resource and provides expert clinical opinions to all
areas within the local market.
- In collaboration with Clinical Training Manager, responsible
for new hire onboarding and training of new Advanced Practice
- Works closely with Vivify Program Manager/Leadership to
appropriately identify patients that meet eligibility for Vivify,
AHC's remote wireless monitoring program. Oversees and ensures that
CAW providers are actively working on identifying patients for
- Reviews and audits charts on a weekly basis and identifies
opportunities to improve clinical documentation quality, HCC
accurate code capture, and closing HEDIS open gap measures.
- Works closely with APCsto ensure that they know how to
appropriately use the Patient 360 form to help guide clinical focus
and improve clinical documentation.
- Administrative and training time commitment for completing
chart reviews and shadowing/ride along activities with APCs will be
approximately 2 days per week or 40%
- Patient/clinical time commitment for managing patient caseload
and related documentation will be approximately 3 days per week or
- Collaborates with PCPs, IPAs, and external and AHC Case
Managers to develop care plan for members.
- Performs diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures within
his/her level of training and expertise, and as outlined on the
practice agreement and written protocol with the supervising
- Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify
and assess patients' clinical problems and health care needs.
- Discusses case with CAW Physician leaders when
- Prescribes medication or other forms of treatment as
- Use of Electronic Medical Records required.
- Local travel is required; travel to AHC's corporate office in
Orange, CA is required for perioding management/program
training.Supervisory Responsibilities:Oversees assigned staff in
collaboration with CAW Clinical Leadership Team. Primary
responsibilities include: Assists with recruiting, selecting,
orientation process, and training employees; assigning workload;
planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; and coaching
employees. Responsible for retention of current clinical team and
working proactively with CAW leadership to help support and mentor
APCs. Will report all findings to the CAW Clinical Leadership Team
or appropriate company executive for final decision.Minimum
- 2+ years related experience with clinical emphasis for Nurse
Practitioner or Physician Assistant; or any combination of
education and experience, which would provide an equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience leading clinical staff, preferably
within a clinic environment.Education/Licensure:
- Master's Degree or higher in Nursing OR Graduate of an
accredited Physician's Assistant program required.
- Current unrestricted RN license and NP license in applicable
state OR PA license in applicable state and current NCCPA
- Prescribing authority/DEA licensure in good standing as
required in the state in which you are applying preferred.Other:
- EMR experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and travel as
needed.Essential Physical Functions:The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is
required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
and the ability to adjust focus.Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud
to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We
are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment:
Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.If you require any
reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing,
completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in
the employee selection process, please contact Alignment
Healthcare. Keyphrases: gerontologist jobs, long term care nurse
jobs, long term care nursing jobs
Keywords: Alignment Healthcare, Modesto , Supervisor, Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!