Nurse Practitioner II - General Surgery
Location: Crows Landing
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Summary: The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for the
assessment of selected patients in the designated service. The NP
performs physical examinations, confers with patients in person and
by phone/electronically, collaborates with others in the department
to assure smooth flow of patient care consistent with established
quality indicators and participates in the overall coordination of
patient care. The NP reports to the Chief of the designated service
and to the Department Manager.Essential Responsibilities:
- Practices under the standard procedure established for the NP
role consistent with Kaiser Permanente policy and in accordance
with requirement set forth by the California Board of Registered
- Conducts age appropriate assessments of patients, including
history taking and physical examination consistent with department
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic
manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual
and cognitive status; patient/family education, family involvement
and patient advocacy.
- Consults with supervising physician or other clinicians as
dictated by patient need and assessment findings.
- Participates with physicians and other clinicians in the
department to assure effective patient care consistent with quality
indicators for patients cared for in the designated service.
- Reviews medical record for follow up or ordering of diagnostic
studies under established protocols.
- Establishes and maintains communication with other health care
providers and departments to ensure operational efficiency and
effectiveness and to promote consistency and continuity of
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the
health care team, patients, and families. Acknowledges staff rights
and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of
health care team members. Evaluates effectiveness of care given by
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as
identified by the institution. Performs efficiently in emergency
situations following established protocols, remaining calm,
informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional practice. Participates regularly in staff development
activities for unit and department personnel. Demonstrates
knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and
risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit
- Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement
activities. Participates in nursing research activities as
requested. Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with
patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and
telecommunication modalities to document, track and convey
- If practicing in a specialty role, fulfills the expectations
established for the particular role.
- Perform other related duties as necessary. Basic
Qualifications: Experience Minimum of 6 months experience as a
nurse practitioner. One (1) year of experience within the past
three (3) years as a NP providing care for patients undergoing
surgical procedures and/or those who have undergone
surgical/invasive procedures. Education
- Masters Degree in Nursing (unless already a Kaiser Permanente
employee who was grandfathered in prior to California Business and
Professions Code requirement in January 1, 2008)
- Completion of masters program in Adult NP, Family Practice NP,
Acute Care NP or Pediatric NP required: Adult, Family or Acute NP
if practice limited to adults; Family or Pedi NP if practice
limited to pediatric patients.If only caring for specific patient
population of adult or pediatrics then Acute Adult NP or Acute
Pediatric NP required. License, Certification, Registration
- Nurse Practitioner Certificate (California)
- Nurse Practitioner Furnishing Number (California)
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- National Provider Identifier
- Basic Life Support
- Nurse Practitioner National Certificate
- Provider Transaction Access Number (Medicare) Additional
- Six (6) months experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- Must meet credentialing requirements established for nurse
practitioners within the Kaiser system (Masters Degree in
- Nursing and National Certification from one of the following
organizations: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners;
- American Credentialing Center; National Certification
Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing
- Specialties; National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse
Practitioners and Nurses.)
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- RN First Assist experience required if assisting with surgical
procedures. Preferred Qualifications: Job Schedule: Job Category:
Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Modesto , Nurse Practitioner II - General Surgery, Healthcare , Crows Landing, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!