Company: Central Valley Specialty Hospital
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Currently Looking for Full Time/Part Time DAY NOC SHIFT
Under the general supervision of a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse and/or Registered Nurse, the Nursing Assistant performs routine tasks in patient care, bedside nursing, and documentation of care provided. This position does provide direct patient care to adult and geriatric patients.
The Nursing Assistant must have a high school diploma or equivalent. This position requires hospital experience as a nursing assistant, or as an actively enrolled nursing student. Knowledge of basic nursing techniques and procedures, aseptic practices, and cardio-pulmonary techniques is desirable. Nursing students may be considered as nurse assistants if approved by the State Practice Act.
This position requires the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. The capability to follow written and verbal instructions, process basic math skills, and the ability to maintain an effective working relationship with others is critical to the position. BLS certification with-in 2 months of hire.
Ability to maintain assigned work hours: Requires endurance to perform assigned tasks over long periods during working hours.
The duties and responsibilities are listed below. It is the expectation of the institution that the employee be able to demonstrate competency in each area. It is the duty of the institution to provide orientation and performance evaluation in each area stated.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
l. PERFORMS VITAL SIGNS ACCURATELY
A. Takes temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure using appropriate single use patient equipment.
B. Measures and records fluid and food intake and output
C. Records calorie count accurately
D. Performs weights accurately
ll. PERFORMS TREATMENTS AND PROCEDURES APPROPRIATELY
A. Collects specimens, gives sitz baths
B. Assists in physical examinations, special treatments or postmortem care as directed.
C. Transports patients to and from various treatment centers when necessary; assists transporters in moving patients in and out of stretchers and wheelchairs
III. CLEANS EQUIPMENT AND INSTRUMENTS APPROPRIATELY
MAINTAINS CLEAN WORK ENVIRONMENT
A. Maintains the cleanliness of various instruments and equipment such as bedpans, urinals, and wheelchairs. Ensures that such equipment is labeled and properly stored when not in use. Empties canisters as needed. Follows appropriate Infection Control protocol.
B. Keeps the patient's room in clean and orderly condition. Makes beds, replaces soiled linen, straightens bedside tables, discards trash, keeps window ledges free of clutter, removes unused equipment and returns to storage after it is properly cleaned.
IV. MAINTAINS UNIT STOCK LEVELS OF SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT AS DIRECTED
A Assists in restocking rooms with supplies and equipment as directed. Checks trays, charts and cabinets for adequacy of inventory; assists with cleaning when necessary.
V. PERFORMS PATIENT CARE ACTIVITIES APPROPRIATELY.
A. Performs services for the patient involving bathing using basinless bath products, oral hygiene, care of hair, and oral feeding.
B. Answers patient lights and performs services in a timely manner that adds to the physical well-being of the patient. C. Participates in hourly rounds.
D. Reports any unusual circumstances or change in patient's condition to the LPN and/or Supervisor.
E. Recognizes and communicates cardiopulmonary arrest and initiates basic life support.
F. Observes patients for unusual symptoms or signs of illness and reports significant findings to LPN/Supervisor.
G. Practices good isolation techniques to maintain a safe environment and to control the spread of infection.
H. Performs all other duties as required.
VI. PROVIDES A LEVEL OF COMPETENCY TO PATIENTS AGES 18 AND OLDER.
1. Involves them with care planning by meeting any needs they identify during assessment.
2. Identifies their normal patterns of living and strives to attain them.
1. Strives to obtain understanding by speaking distinctly and moving slowly.
2. Involve family as much as possible.
3. Explains all procedures, provides for adequate rest periods, and listens to their concerns and fears.
VII. UPHOLDS ALL SERVICE STANDARDS
A. Safety- We do no harm and create an error-free environment.
1. Follow environment of care plan
2. Follow established clinical practices
3. Routine assessment of the environment for high risks with immediate correction (look for dangerous things and fix them; identify high risk issues and fix them)
4. Pay attention to detail
B. Communication- We engage our customers in exchanging clear, timely and accurate information.
1. Listen carefully
2. Ensure understanding of treatment and services
3. Timely follow-up on commitments
4. Constantly learn about the customers and identify their needs
C. Courtesy- We treat everyone with respect, social sensitivity and professionalism.
1. We acknowledge our customers with a smile and treat them as welcomed guests
2. Listen to our customers
3. Look at each interaction as an opportunity to promote courtesy with our customers
4. We treat each other as we treat our guests
5. We strive to exceed our customers' expectations
D. Presentation- We provide a positive customer experience through the appearance of our environment and employees.
1 . Maintain a clean and organized environment, including workspaces
2. Control hospital odors
3. All employees are compliant with the dress code
4. All employees communicate in a professional and courteous manner, including body language
5 .Protect the privacy of patients
6. Maintain a quiet atmosphere
E. Efficiency- We use resources appropriately to benefit the customer and the organization.
1. Availability, assessment and application of resources
2. Do it right the first time
3. Pay attention to details
4. Save steps through planning
5. Timely responses
Currently Looking for Full Time/Part Time DAY NOC SHIFT
Keywords: Central Valley Specialty Hospital, Modesto , Nursing Assistant, Healthcare , Modesto, California
here to apply!