Registered Clinical Dietician- Endocrinology
Company: CALIFORNIA PRACT STAFF
Posted on: January 10, 2019
General Summary: Position is responsible for the nutrition care and management of patients at their respective sites. This includes accurate nutrition assessment, identification of drug-nutrient interactions, and effective Medical Nutrition Therapy for various medical conditions.
1. Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
2. Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
3. Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
4. Provide effective nutrition counseling utilizing the Nutrition Care Process.
5. Counsel a variety of medically complex patients utilizing appropriate Medical Nutrition Therapy based on the patient's medical needs
6. Lead nutrition groupsat respective sites.
7. Provide direct care to patients in multiple Tenet sites if called upon to do so.
8. Support and champion community education as well as direct clinical intervention
9. Provide community outreach and nutritional education to other social/community service agencies, including Diabetes Awareness Day, National Nutrition Month, Health Fairs, etc.
10. Develop and institute a plan of care in collaboration with the client and health care provider
11. Present in-service education for agency staff
12. Document nutritional assessment and plan of care accurately
13. Report granting information as needed
14. Present case presentations and participate in peer reviews at monthly RD meeting
15. Effective and timely use of electronic health records for all medical charting
16. Promote the tenets of a Patient Centered Medical Home focusing on the importance of nutrition in preventative medicine
17. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutrition Science, Human Nutrition or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
Certification: Registered Dietician/Nutritionist with CDR. State Registration as required. BLS certification
Experience: Must have a minimum of five years of experience in a healthcare setting.
1. Thorough knowledge of ADA standards
2. Knowledge of medical office procedures and process.
3. Knowledge of clinical equipment, supplies, and instruments.
4. Understanding of documentation required for physician office visits.
5. Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the local community's health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
6. Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient care.
1. Skill in problem solving.
2. Skill in computer hardware and software use.
3. Skill in verbal and written communication.
4. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
5. Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
6. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the
7. Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
8. Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
1. Ability to obtain vital signs and record them correctly.
2. Ability to use medical equipment, supplies and instruments.
3. Ability to understand and carry out written, oral and/or graphic instructions.
4. Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
5. Ability to read, interprets, and apply policies and procedures.
6. Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
7. Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
8. Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Equipment Operated: Medical office equipment/devices as well as standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones,
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lit office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Involves standing, bending, crouching or stooping approximately 75 percent of the day, walking or sitting the remainder,
using computers and telephones. Ability to push, pull or lift objects greater than 50 pounds. Must have ability to hear/ascertain heart, breath and bowel
sounds. Must be able to visually discern pumps and monitors. Must be able to write legibly.
Primary Location: Modesto, California
Facility: CALIFORNIA PRACT STAFF
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: CALIFORNIA PRACT STAFF, Modesto , Registered Clinical Dietician- Endocrinology, Healthcare , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!