Home Therapies Dialysis Nurse (RN) - ($10,000 sign-on bonus!)
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Job Description Satellite Healthcare is a successful, nonprofit
organization that has improved the lives of people living with
kidney disease since 1973. We earn our national reputation for
excellent patient care each day by offering a complete range of
dialysis therapy choices, personalized clinical services, and
unparalleled wellness education.
Satellite Healthcare provides expert, personalized kidney care at
over 80 centers across the U.S. as well as at acute dialysis
locations in California and Texas. Learn more about Satellite
Healthcare at .
The Home Dialysis Registered Nurse has responsibility for
coordinating the services related to home modalities including
patient training, follow up care, primary nursing, education and
promotion of home treatment modalities to patients and staff.
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of
all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform
other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance
with Satellite's I-CARE Standards.
1. Demonstrates sound judgment and skill in problem resolution and
follow-through. Demonstrates understanding and tact in dealing with
patients, physicians, visitors, family members, center personnel,
and corporate staff. Recommends, in cooperation with the clinical
manager, changes in procedures when new knowledge indicates such a
2. Knows and follows all Satellite Healthcare policies and
procedures for infection prevention and control. Understands the
hazards associated with failing to follow those procedures.
3. Understands basic renal function and the consequences of renal
failure. Observes and records patients' responses to renal failure
and its treatments. Performs thorough patient assessments as
evidenced by documentation.
4. Recognizes changes in dialysis patients and makes necessary
adjustments in therapy with oversight from experienced home
therapies dialysis nurse. Appropriately responds to all emergencies
and notifies the physician when necessary and seeks direction.
5. Develops, implements, and evaluates appropriate therapeutic care
plans for patients, demonstrating a basic understanding of the
treatment modalities available. Utilizes the team approach when
assessing patient needs and developing a plan of care by conferring
with patient, family, nurse, physicians, social worker, and
dietitian when appropriate.
6. Documents in a clear, concise, and thorough manner. Completes
all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
7. Administers medications when ordered. Understands and teaches
principles of a safe dosage in ESRD, reason for giving medication
and possible side effects. Ensures that medications are given
properly and as ordered, and documented appropriately.
8. Obtains laboratory specimens as ordered and performs routine
9. Demonstrates an understanding of the implications of common lab
results as they apply to ESRD patients. Confers with the
experienced home therapies dialysis nurse, dietitian and physician
about abnormal findings.
10. Coordinates and participates in the continuity of care of the
patients by ensuring regular follow ups with the health care
11. Demonstrates personal accountability for expanding knowledge of
nephrology nursing and related skills.
12. Understands legal consequences of nursing actions, both the
immediate and long-term.
13. Actively seeks knowledge from experienced lDT members regarding
quality assessment and performance improvement (QAPI)
14. Participates in CPR as needed.
15. Strives to provide excellence in the delivery of dialysis home
care therapies with oversight from the experienced home therapies
16. Ensures that billing information is available to the Accounts
Receivable Office in a timely manner.
17. Helps maintain a neat and clean environment.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Promotes a teamwork approach by offering Information, advice,
and assistance to all staff members in a positive, courteous, and
2. Communicates significant information to the appropriate team
members in a clear, concise, and accurate manner. Participates in
self and/or peer evaluation.
3. Contributes to harmonious and constructive working relationships
with all staff members to promote a positive and productive
4. Ensures the confidentiality of patient and employee
5. Understands and uses communication techniques:
a. Greets patients by name
b. Speaks only English in patient care areas unless translating
c. Listens to understand, not judge
d. Focuses on the message being sent
e. Uses reflective listening
f. Positively acknowledges the patient for sharing
g. Manages conflict in a positive way
h. Allows patients to vent appropriately
i. Acknowledges problems/situations from the patient's point of
k. Apologizes (without blame)
6. Demonstrates competency in basic computer skills and navigation
through various Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook programs.
7. Promotes home therapies and other WellBound programs to
prospective patients and families as well as admitting
1. Participates in, and/or develops continuing education on home
therapies in collaboration with experienced home therapies dialysis
2. Looks for opportunities to develop expertise in home
3. Participates In research studies and/or protocols as
4. Participates in peer group meetings and problem solving.
1. Accurately assesses patient's readiness to learn. Plans and
implements appropriate teaching methods for each patient and
evaluate the patient's learning.
2. Demonstrates the ability to effectively teach all therapies
offered with collaboration from experienced home therapies dialysis
3. Acts as a resource to hospital staff in order to provide
continuity of patient care. Job Requirement Minimum
Any combination of education and experience that would likely
provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as
possession of any required licenses or certifications is
Education: Graduation from an accredited nursing school or
equivalent; BSN preferred
Experience: One (1) year of nursing experience required; Peritoneal
or Hemodialysis experience preferred; Teaching experience
preferred. *10,000 sign-on bonus for Experienced Home Therapies RN
with at least two years of experience.
License/Certifications: Current Registered Nurse (RN) license
within state of practice; Nephrology certification within one year
of eligibility; Current CPR certification (or within three months
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
--- Ability to teach
--- Ability to travel and to adjust to accommodate patient
treatment times as needed
--- Belief that home therapies are preferred therapies for
--- PD equipment knowledge (Baxter), HHD equipment knowledge
--- Ability to read, writes, speak, understand, and satisfactorily
communicate in English. #cb
Keywords: Recruitics, Modesto , Home Therapies Dialysis Nurse (RN) - ($10,000 sign-on bonus!), Healthcare , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!