Customer Service Director
Company: Health Plan of San Joaquin
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Tracking Code 1683-942 Job Description The Director of Customer
Service is responsible for delivering world-class highly
member-centric support through operational excellence solutions.
Collaborate closely with revenue leaders and service delivery
vertical leaders to drive continuous improvement and scale the
customer service function by automating service functions in the
app along with operating an agile customer contact center. Act only
with the customer's best intentions in mind and hold their trust in
the highest regard. The Director of Customer Service acts as the
utmost subject matter expert and authority on customer service for
the business unit and runs the daily operations of the business
unit's customer contact center.We're looking for a compassionate
and analytical go-getter to take a leadership role in our Customer
Service team. This is an exceptional opportunity to manage a team
with an inspiring mission. You will get the opportunity to interact
with other teams in the organization, while managing the Customer
Service team and delivering delightful customer service to our
members. The ideal candidate is positive, motivated, dynamic,
thoughtful, analytical, creative, enthusiastic and resilient with
excellent judgment. Required Skills
- In-depth knowledge of industry customer experience and customer
service best practices and trends.
- In-depth knowledge of call center best practices, including
software systems, service standards and metrics.
- In-depth knowledge of health care delivery systems, including
managed care, as they relate to call centers and customer
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory guidelines as they relate to
call centers and customer contact, customer service, cultural and
linguistic services and the member grievance/appeal process.
- In-depth knowledge of the business, economic, demographic and
political trends and developments affecting healthcare and managed
care in general.
- In-depth knowledge of general medical policy benefits and
exclusions, and industry standard payment practices.
- Basic knowledge of provider contracts, contract types and
- Financial acumen: Interprets and applies understanding of key
financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Manages complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and
sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve
- Decision quality: Makes good and timely decisions that keep the
organization moving forward.
- Strategic mindset: Sees ahead to future possibilities and
translates them into breakthrough strategies.
- Ability to create, execute and monitor relevant strategic and
- Resourcefulness: Secures and deploys resources effectively and
efficiently; organizes people and resources to solve problems and
- Plans and aligns: Plans and prioritizes work for self and
others to meet commitments aligned with organization goals.
- Ensures accountability: Holds self and others accountable to
- Drives results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage realistic
- Very strong oral and written communication skills with the
ability to communicate professionally, effectively and persuasively
to diverse individuals and groups inside and outside of HPSJ.
- Very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish
and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at
all levels both inside and outside of HPSJ
- Very strong collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to
create and foster a collaborative work environment, maintain
effective, high performance teams, and organize people and
resources to solve problems and identify business
- Very strong assessment and analytical skills, including the
ability to synthesize, distill concepts, draw conclusions and
- Builds networks: Effectively builds formal and informal
relationship networks inside and outside of the organization.
- Organizational savvy: Maneuvers comfortably through complex
policy, process and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Persuades: Uses compelling arguments to gain the support and
commitment of others.
- Manages ambiguity: Operates effectively, even when things are
not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to
manage organizational-wide projects to successful conclusion.
- Strong knowledge of change management theory, with ability to
anticipate and implement effectively.
- Promotes and maintains, and ensures that direct reports promote
and maintain an environment that supports HPSJ's strategy, vision,
mission and values.
- Ability to supervise staff in a manner that maximizes employee
performance and business results, with very strong
coaching/counseling skills, including the ability to function as a
- Very strong customer service skills.
- Intermediate skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Ability to speak and be understood in English.
- Ability to handle confidential information with appropriate
discretion. Required Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Public Administration or
- At least five years customer service management in a health
plan or healthcare organization; and
- At least two years' experience working with Medi-Cal or other
state or federally sponsored programs; and
- At least two years working in managed care; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred
- BilingualLicense, Certification, Registration
- Valid California driver license and reliable transportation or,
the ability to obtain transportation on demand in the counties
served by HPSJ if prohibited from getting a driver license due to a
medically documented disability. Job Location Modesto, California,
United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Keywords: Health Plan of San Joaquin, Modesto , Customer Service Director, Hospitality & Tourism , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!