Posted on: May 15, 2022
At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved
seniors. - We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge
healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors
and their families. - Now is your chance to join our talented team
that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social
support and more to seniors. - - We create senior well-being
through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared
intention. - These values permeate everything we do. - At
WelbeHealth, you'll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams
to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and
create the never-before-seen!
The WelbeHealth Kitchen Assistant is responsible for assisting in
the provision of safe, therapeutic nutrition services at
WelbeHealth. The Kitchen Assistant receives vendor prepped food and
prepares itf or participant meal service and ensuring the
temperatures of cooling and warming equipment are recorded as
directed, and the kitchen area remains clean and sanitary at all
times. The Kitchen Assistant collaborates effectively with
colleagues and stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values, team
culture and mission.
We operate a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly)
program in Stockton, CA. The PACE program serves as our patients'
health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and
social services to keep them living safely in the community.
Reporting to the Center Director, the Kitchen Assistant receives
vendor-prepared food and readies it for participant meal service
and ensuring the temperatures of cooling and warming equipment are
recorded as directed, and the kitchen area remains clean and
sanitary at all times.
You'll be responsible for:
- Assist the Registered Dietitian in provision of safe,
therapeutic nutrition services that meet the diverse needs of
Stockton PACE participants:
- Receive vendor- prepared food and store properly to maintain
acceptable temperature prior to meal service.
- Measure and record temperatures of the food on delivery and at
regular intervals, prior to serving, assuring that food remains
safe for serving and within ranges indicated in Stockton PACE
- Plate the food for meal service, following instructions on
participants' 'dietary cards' for diets, preferences and special
- Prepare alternate, pre-determined menu items as
- Prepare snacks for activities as requested.
- Complete huddle (10 min meeting) with other PCA's twice per
day, at 9 am and 2pm to review lunch service, discuss diet changes,
participant concerns and dietary concerns.
- Review menu, dietary spreads and other information related to
daily menu to ensure compliance with menu, diets and meal service
- Organize participants' 'dietary cards' for the day's lunch
service, update them as needed.
- Complete EOC rounds as required (Environment of Care checklist)
-- checking for things that are required by law and that relate to
dining standards that you develop.
- Provide direction to PCAs for dining service, such as table
assignments, tasks related to meal service, etc.
- Provide oversight in dining room service, assist with serving
meals and check in with participants as to satisfaction with
- Keep log of meal service, sharing with clinic or RD as
- Review the "% Percent of meal Eaten" logs after lunch and share
as needed with appropriate staff (i.e. RD, RN/Clinic) for
individual participant diet concerns.
- Develop meal count on regular basis and communicate such count
with food vendor. Communicate with food vendor on regular basis to
update, correct and adjust meal count and special diet
- Check and calibrate kitchen thermometers regularly.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent required.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- ServSafe certification preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / First Aid Certification
- Minimum of one-year experience in food service or preparation,
working with a
frail or elderly population.
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor and communicate
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our
vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a
vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of
vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team
members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and
belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People
seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information or
characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other
status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: WelBeHealth, Modesto , Kitchen Aide, Hospitality & Tourism , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!