Company: Great Wolf Lodge
Posted on: June 24, 2022
INCREASED PAY RATES! - $22.00 Hourly - Full Time
The Housekeeping Supervisor brings joy to families at Great Wolf
Lodge by acting as a core driver of front line efficiency and
effectiveness in the Housekeeping department. This leadership role
is critical in the selection, training, staffing, and coaching of
front line staff to ensure the safety, quality, and timeliness
standards of the guest experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads and mentors housekeeping staff daily to ensure
cleanliness standards and operational efficiencies are met or
- Ensures the turnover of all vacant and clean rooms in a timely
manner; verifies stayovers, reports early check outs, and
communicates issues and discrepancies with front office.
- Provides coaching, encouragement, and recognition to pack
members when necessary.
- Understands and champions Great Wolf policies and procedures,
and collaborates with Housekeeping leadership in performance
management of the department and its Pack Members.
- Understands and participates in scheduling of staff, labor
management and forecasting.
- Participates in the development and execution of training
programs for new hires as well as ongoing training for Pack
- Creates and schedules daily assignments, daily and weekly
projects, and optimizes staff to ensure lodge cleanliness and
- Conducts daily stand up meetings with Room Attendants and House
Attendants in order to prioritize the day and facilitates feedback
from Pack Members.
- Escalates pack feedback to leadership.
- Inspects guest rooms for cleanliness, damage, supply levels,
maintenance issues, and temperature control, and reviews results
with Room Attendants; coaches and drives accountability and
- Ensures linen storage rooms, trash rooms, and housekeeping
carts are clean, organized, and properly inventoried for the next
day's activities; ensures and promotes safety standards in these
- Supervises activities of staff and area to ensure compliance
with resort standards, including the management of time and
- Participates in recruitment process and selection of talent for
the housekeeping department.
- Assists with regular state of the team meetings and helps plan
engagement activities for pack members.
- Ensures the completion and proper communication/escalation of
maintenance work orders and other concerns to the appropriate
- Schedules deep clean and carpet care based on bi-yearly
schedule and guest comments.
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Rooms Division supervisor or
similar supervisor position
- Prior hospitality or housekeeping experience or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Office and general software systems;
proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook Experience with HotSos or
- Demonstrated interpersonal and verbal communication
- Demonstrated customer service, conflict resolution, employee
engagement, retention and team building skills Ability to work
flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and/or Holidays as
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous housekeeping experience, preferably in large family
resort or hotel
- Experience with Opera or similar system
- Bilingual, English and Spanish
- Time management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift 30lbs
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods
- Ability to bend, stretch and twist
- Capable of tolerating exposure to chemicals
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Great Wolf Lodge, Modesto , Housekeeping Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Hughson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!