Associate Team Leader - Operations
Company: Blue Diamond Growers
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Entry-level supervisor who participates in driving processes that
deliver sustainable results against objectives. Provides support in
executing site and global supply initiatives and continuous
improvement objectives. Works to learn and understand good
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Collaborates with Plant Operations Manager to establish,
communicate, and execute measurable production and cultural goals
to deliver uncompromised safety, quality, service, and performance
objectives in support of Plant Operations.
* Supports the Installation of measurement systems that provide an
ongoing real-time status towards achieving the day-to-day
requirements to ensure that service levels are achieved.
* Implements production operations to meet prescribed productivity
and quality goals to ensure adherence with production
* Fosters an environment of continuous improvement and learning to
achieve and maintain industry leadership.
* Develops skills required to anticipate problem issues before they
arise and takes corrective action.
* Works with department manager in the development and
implementation of production cost standards, customer and BDG
product specifications; acts as a resource in team settings to
better understand and meet customer needs.
* Stays abreast of cutting-edge technology through external trade
shows and benchmarking of similar facilities, including
* Partners with experienced team leaders and operations management
to coach the production team towards common objectives.
* Learns and applies sound motivational and correctional
techniques, including team member coaching and disciplinary actions
and recognitions for good work.
* Manages employee contributions and potential growth so that
opportunities for greater contributions can be capitalized.
* Contributes to the development of effective employee training
programs, including areas of GMP's and safety awareness.
* Helps drive our "Zero Harm" behavioral based safety program.
* Participates in implements systems and/or process controls for
efficient operations, quality and productivity through continuous
improvement and lean principles by establishing and communicating
performance measures and results.
* Supports investigations or research, write technical, informative
or operational reports, work on special projects, attends and
conduct meetings as required.
* Reviews reports, papers, and other records prepared by personnel
for clarity, completeness, accuracy and conformance with company
policies. Route approved reports and records to appropriate
* This job description reflects management's assignment of
essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Operations Management
TOTAL MINIMUM NUMBER OF YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED IN LIEU OF
DEGREE (if applicable)
* 4 years of production and operations experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
* Experience functioning as a proactive team player.
* Must possess strong planning skills with ability to analyze
trends and determine corrective actions.
* Demonstrated ability to produce on schedule.
* Act independently in a constructive manner.
* Strongly motivated to improve self. Demonstrated leadership
ability through discovering and utilizing people's capabilities,
recognizing good work and earning the respect of peers and
The position may require the ability to meet the physical demands
of heavy lifting to carry out the assigned duties.
Position may require employee to work around energized equipment
and is routinely exposed to hazardous materials. Position may
require the exposure to various adverse conditions such as, heat,
cold, noise, dust, fumes, dirt, and grease, and chemical
Other Job Details:
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
Blue Diamond Growers (BDG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. BDG provides equal employment opportunities to all
qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age,
religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic
information. BDG also complies with all provisions of the U.S.
Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the
rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of
Keywords: Blue Diamond Growers, Modesto , Associate Team Leader - Operations, Hospitality & Tourism , Salida, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!