We are currently recruiting for the position of:
DIRECTOR, I.T. SUPPORT SERVICE
The Save Mart Companies is one of the largest food and drug
retailers in California and Nevada. It is home to a number of
well-known brands in food retailing. You might have seen our
banners that include Save Mart, Lucky, Lucky California and
FoodMaxx. The Information Technology Department has an opening for
Director of IT Service and Support reporting to the Chief
Information Officer. This position is located in Dublin or Modesto,
We could be looking for you!We are looking for dynamic
transformational technology team members who can effectively
incorporate their talent and passion to help us modernize our
technology stack.The retail grocery business is exploding with new
demands and opportunities.Our business partners are eager to
upgrade their technology capabilities to meet the changing demands
of our customers.This new team member will have an opportunity to
influence the technical direction of our company.
The Director, Information Technology Service and Support is
responsible for the support of customer systems at the retail and
enterprise level.The position provides first level support from the
help desk and second level support from the field and desktop
technicians.The Director is responsible for the overall support
model design, the performance metrics, and the execution against
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities :
· Accountable for the IT Help Desk which provides call center
services for IT support issues, on/off-boarding, and use of metrics
to track and improve overall service and drive ticket reduction
program through root cause analysis.
· Responsible for the IT Field Support Services which provides
primarily hardware support, including preventative maintenance,
troubleshooting, field repair, installation, and rollout support;
while seeking opportunities to reduce cost, drive efficiencies and
· Provide oversight and management of the Desktop Support Team
which provides level 2 support for all enterprise desktop IT
support for both hardware and software, including ongoing
improvements to increase remote support, simplification of the
environment and reduce desktop incidents.
· Accountable for the Service Center Team which provides
inventory support to the field support and desktop support teams,
including asset and parts management with a vision of how to reduce
parts on hand and drive better management of assets.
· Plans and oversees the work associated with the Cabling Team
which provides network troubleshooting and installation and repair
of all low voltage wiring in the enterprise; manage IT hardware
inventory maintenance by staff and repairs of equipment and
equipment disposal complying with security practices and
· Manage diagnostic and repair tasks on store and office
equipment, staging of incoming equipment for repair and preparation
of repaired equipment and parts for shipment to Repair
· Develop and lead plans for rollouts and upgrades for those
technologies that are supported by these teams, collaborating with
other IT Directors and Managers and retail operations and
distribution centers, including planning the resources and
financial budgets for each project.
· Provide strategic and operational leadership within IT Support
Services for successful achievement of committed to Service Level
Agreements (SLA) and industry metrics.
· Accountable for all aspects of budget management, including
annual planning, tracking and maintaining fiscal accountability by
keeping on track with the budget.
· Assist with documentation that supports attestations, RFPs and
Risk assessment questionnaires specifically for technology
· Ensure compliance with organizational standards, practices and
· Manage all teams, employees, contractors and vendors involved
in IT support.
· Provide training and mentoring to team members.
LOCATION: MODESTO, CA -OR- DUBLIN, CA
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) :
· You have 10+ years of IT experience working in a Service and
Support corporate environment.
· Received a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science,
Engineering, Information Technology or related experience.
· Proven experience leading an IT service management
organization, a broad and detailed understanding of IT help desk,
IT field services, desktop services, asset and parts
· Experience with IT Service Management, ITIL and physical
security in support of technology and data access in the field.
· Understands and actively seeks use of metrics and critical
thinking to guide decision making and ongoing operational
· Proven experience in a fast-paced and
challenging environment and the ability to directly
impact company goals and objectives via your contributions to
securing the organization.
· Promote customer-centric approaches to all aspects
of an organization.
· Experience working in the field and corporate
· Work effectively and organize competing
· Critical thinker and ability to solve complex
Travel : Frequent
Physical : Basic office environment: ability to sit, stand,
walk, kneel, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects
The Save Mart Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we
welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse