Operations Director Modesto, CA
Company Description We are working with a leading Recruiting
Process Outsourcing organization looking to hire a Regional
Director of Operations for their marque client in Northern
California. There is some travel required locally across for work
locations. You will be managing about 10 direct reports that
oversee about 4,000 warehouse workers.
Job Description Director of Operations
Responsible for managing accounts at 5-8 client sites with
revenues between $20 million - $35 million. The responsibilities
require the Director of Operations to have a close working
relationship with each service team he/she is responsible for and a
good rapport with all clients on the management level.
The Director of Operations must be familiar with all tasks and
activities in each office, so that he/she may fill in when
Financial and Budgeting responsibilities fall under the scope of
the Director of Operations, as does the execution of quarterly
Quality Control audits.
The Director of Operations trains any new managers and provides
all necessary tools to improve the team’s service quality. This may
include maintaining/QC’ing schedules and frameworks, Standard
Operating Procedures and quarterly Executive Reviews.
The Director of Operations will conduct periodic action plans
with each account to remain abreast of activities and service
standards at all times.
Responsible for the data integrity in all applicable systems
related to client operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
· Implement & Negotiate the Terms of the Client Contract: Work
with the service team and the client to ensure that both parties
are adhering to the contract.
· Supervise Direct Reports: Provide leadership and follow up to
ensure that Service Team members are maintaining the high standard
of service set for the account.
· Develop Knowledge of internal Products and Services: Develop
an understanding of internal products and services applicable to
the Director’s accounts and others. Keep up with changes in the
proprietary software packages integral to the success of the
· Support the Account’s Growth: Look for ways to increase
business at the account by finding new opportunities and working
with the account manager(s) to provide those services.
· Delegate Projects: Disseminate project duties within the
area/region and follow up to ensure that strategic projects are
· Train: Provide training to any new managers in the
area/region. Identify where training is called for and prepare
actions steps to implement that training.
· Make Service Team Decisions & Provide Feedback: Through a
regular action plan and by observation at site visits, provide
constant feedback to account managers on accounts’ services and
quality. Help make decisions regarding personnel changes at the
· Support the Accounts’ Managers: Provide support wherever
managers need it. This may include consulting on recruiting,
financials, forecasting, difficult client or associate issues, team
staffing, risk management/safety, payroll & billing, etc.
· Financial Budgeting: Inspect and train lead managers to be
able to prepare annual and monthly forecasts; review and make
changes to forecasts and budgets when appropriate. These
responsibilities also include proactive decision-making regarding
finding lower cost alternatives and saving costs where
· Quality Control: Conduct quarterly QC Audits and prepare
actions steps to improve.
· Maintain accuracy of office Standard Operating Procedures: As
part of the on-going management of the offices in the Director of
Operations responsibility, it is critical to evaluate and maintain
the validity of all SOPs in the field.
· Hire and Evaluate Managers & Supervisors: Provide annual
employee evaluations and negotiate pay increases.
· Manage Client Satisfaction: Review periodic client
satisfaction surveys and oversee actions to improve it. Address
individual clients when problems are escalated, meet regularly with
executive clients to ensure ongoing client satisfaction.
· Report on Client Interaction: Update regular client
interaction and entertainment activities that occur on and off
site. The Director of Operations should directly attend functions
when possible for visibility.
· To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information;
Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to
complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional
· Project Management - Coordinates projects; Manages project
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer
feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and
assistance; Meets commitments.
· Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming;
Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting;
Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and
tries new things.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification;
Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
Participates in meetings.
· Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans;
Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes
resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change;
Monitors transition and evaluates results.
· Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the
responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work
independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities;
Provides recognition for results.
· Business Acumen - Understands business implications of
decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates
knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops
and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and
revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
· Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows
respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others
on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment;
Builds a diverse workforce.
· Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner;
Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and
consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts
responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) required
Previous high volume staffing required
Operational Management including budgets
Basic Computer Skills (MS Office, Excel, PPT and Word)
Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.