Engineer New Graduate
Company: Del Monte Foods
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Function and Scope:
Del Monte's Early Career Engineering Rotational Development
Program is designed to equip college graduates with a broad
overview of a Del Monte Foods' manufacturing plant in multiple
functional areas with assignments taking place in production,
engineering /maintenance, planning, quality, manufacturing
excellence and distribution center operations. The rotational
program will be over a two-year period; each rotation will help
speed the growth of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to
become successful leaders at Del Monte Foods. Travel and work on
off shifts may be required.
The assignments will increase the level of responsibility and
complexity and involve working closely with all levels of
leadership. A critical component of the rotational program is
participation in business and leadership training initiatives, both
formal and experiential, to broaden your understanding of our
business environment. This program also develops critical
leadership skills and will establish a professional network needed
to support your career growth.
- Pursuing opportunities for cost reduction and profit
improvements within your operation, especially using lean
- Development and implementation of process improvements in
inventory control, demand planning and quality.
- Leading project teams on key supply chain transformation, cost
reduction and capital projects
- Actively involved in solving quality problems and designing
process control improvements.
- Working with finance to learn and ensure accurate product
costing is being reflected in the plant.
- Writing standard operating instructions and trains operators on
new equipment to meet standards
- Leading or supervising team members in a manufacturing
Del Monte Foods Inc. Core Behaviors
Get Our Hands Dirty
- Dig in and understand the business
- Pursue goals with purpose and urgency
- Stay focused on priorities
- Persevere to overcome challenges or obstacles
- Drive for results
- Develop effective solutions
- Improve processes, products or services
- Take calculated risks
- Leverage data for insights that drive business performance
- Ensure successful execution and outcomes
Grow Success Together
- Collaborate and promote teamwork
- Help others achieve individual or shared goals
- Hold ourselves and others accountable for commitments
- Create an inclusive environment where everyone is valued
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of accomplishments both inside and outside
of the educational setting
- Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities in a
- Exhibiting leadership qualities; guiding and directing a team
towards a common goal
- Experience with lean management techniques preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical Engineering,
Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing
Engineering, Food Sciences or related fields with a minimum GPA of
- Prior co-op or internship experience
- Permanent work authorization in the U.S. Work Sponsorship is
not available for this position
- December 2020 graduates that can start in February 2021 and May
2021 graduates that can start in summer of 2021 are being
considered for these positions.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, and 401(k).
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other legally protected status.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM
TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2157813&d=External).
Please be advised that your application is not complete until you
fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a
specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively
recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the
required qualifications for the position.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
Keywords: Del Monte Foods, Modesto , Engineer New Graduate, Other , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!