Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery
stores, complete with our own distribution centers and
transportation network. We're proud to operate across 10 states
west of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners - because we are! We believe,
as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the
communities where we operate better by giving them the best
possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the
success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in
the United States and is #59 on the Forbes.com list of largest
privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than
500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership
Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership
with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each
year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting,
check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with
low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $30 a
month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement
opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages,
tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program - and
even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Prepares ready-to-bake / baked pizzas, provides customer service
and conducts product demonstrations. Consistently provides
friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external
customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
- Makes dough by weighing out ingredients and mixing
- Preps toppings by opening cases, putting ingredients in
containers, putting toppings in cooler, operating slicer and cutter
for vegetables, weighing certain ingredients, etc.
- Makes pizza crust by weighing out dough, operating a dough
machine and rolling.
- Takes orders over-the-counter, from the demo station and by
- Makes pizzas by getting dough, spreading sauce, measuring
toppings, and sprinkling toppings.
- Shrink wraps pizza by operating associated machine.
- Places pizzas on and removes pizzas from oven conveyer
- Hands product to customers over-the-counter.
- Performs cashier duties by operating a cash register, receiving
and making change and providing the customer with a sales
- Sells products directly to customers through the use of product
samples and suggestive selling techniques.
- Cleans the area by washing dishes, sweeping, mopping and
operating vacuum cleaner.
- Trains employees, provides leadership in the technical aspects
of the department, etc.; orders supplies by checking and conducting
inventory, estimating projected usage, etc.; writes production
sheets for the department head based on projected sales; receives
freight by verifying ordered products have been received,
organizing it in the cooler, etc. (usually performed by manager or
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Performing basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiply) and
computing weights and measures.
- Ensuring accuracy in recording sales and handling monetary
transactions with mental alertness and basic math skills.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal
and external customers.
- Work varied hours typically between 8:00 am and 10:00 pm in a
24/7 operation; including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Operate a cash register, dough machines, ovens, slicer and
- Wear hats, hair net, gloves, aprons and other personal
protective equipment as required.
- Conduct visual inspections and read / follow production guides,
recipes and product labels.
- Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food products.
- Strongly communicate (hearing and speech) to receive orders
from customers, up sell and perform customer relation skills.
- Frequently lift / carry up to Twenty (20) pounds and
occasionally lift / carry up to Forty (40) pounds.
- Operate kitchen utensils and equipment with manual dexterity
and hand / eye coordination.
- Perform repetitious arm movements for balling, rolling and
preparing various pizza products.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for extended periods of time.
- Bend, stoop and reach over the counter(s) frequently.
- Occasionally reach / lift / carry pizza products to & from
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential
hazards with respect to related procedures, equipment (e.g. dough
machines, ovens, slicer, knives) and work aides.
- Profile content and perishability of products. Learn safety and
sanitation procedures and department policies.
- Perform duties efficiently and accurately.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Food Handlers Certification (per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Cash Register
- Slicer, Dicer, Dough Machines, Shrink Wrapper, Ovens and Pallet
- Pizza clerks under the age of 18 are not to operate certain
equipment as described by OSHA guidelines including the pizza
department mixer and dough machines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All
employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws.
The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of
personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity-from our variety
of perspectives and wide range of experiences-is essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Modesto , Pizza Clerk, Other , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!