Posted on: May 3, 2021
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for
industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and
assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more
than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading,
PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We
complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems
with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales
and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of
battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored
DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring
all employees possess the following core competencies: customer
focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication
skills, and works safely.
This position will be focusing primarily on our Reserve Power
applications, which include telecommunications, IT, uninterruptible
power supplies (UPS), utilities and switchgear, security, emergency
lighting and general electronics. Some of the reserve power brands
include PowerSafe,DataSafe, and Genesis. Our extensive product
range serves a variety of reserve power applications and
consistently delivers the most effective, powerful and reliable
Alpha Technologies Ltd . , an EnerSys company, has an
opportunity for a knowledgeable, proactive, Advanced Compliance
Engineer to join our Research and Advanced Development Team to help
rapid development of cutting-edge power solutions, prototypes and
products at our Vancouver (Burnaby) facility.
Reporting to the Research and Advanced Development Manager, the
Advanced Compliance Engineer is responsible for developing
compliance plans and execution of certification for
state-of-the-art power solutions, including hardware and software,
for new applications with focus on functional safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the team on evaluation of compliance requirements
innovative power solutions for new markets applications and provide
direction on product design to meet certification
- Derive safety requirements for hardware and application
software and/or platform software
- Derive safety mechanisms in new designs and develop safety
analysis using FTA and FMEA.
- Support the development of architecture for safety, including
safety integrity levels allocation, freedom-from-interference
analysis, dependent failure analysis.
- Establish test plans and conduct product safety testing to
determine compliance with applicable standards.
- Keep up to date with proposed standard changes applicable
designs and proactively work with engineering to implement those
changes into new product designs.
- Work with nationally recognized testing laboratories to ensure
that submitted products conform to the safety standards.
- Generate Data Sheet Packages for review by Engineering Manager
and outside agencies.
- Contribute to continuous improvements of existing products &
- Participate in the development of the department's strategic
goals and direction
- Minimum education level is a Diploma (Bachelors degree
preferred) in a relevant technical subject area.
- Minimum 3 5 years of professional experience in product safety
or regulatory compliance.
- Experience with Functional Safety certification.
- Experience with product safety standards and validation testing
and agency certification such as CSA, UL, FCC/IC, CE.
- Knowledge of international standards organizations and
requirements would be an asset
- Relevant degree/diploma in electronics/electrical engineering
and/or embedded systems background is preferred.
- Relevant experience with analog circuits, micro-processor based
circuitry, switch-mode power supplies is preferred.
- Basic knowledge in embedded firmware and C programming.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- A flexible team player with a strong sense of ownership,
coupled with technical experience and 'out-of-the-box'
- Excellent analysis, problem solving, design and troubleshooting
- Self-driven, and able to manage and clearly communicate plans
General Job Requirements
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: EnerSys, Modesto , Engineer, Other , columbia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!