Product Safety Engineer*
Company: Flory Industries
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Product Safety Engineer position requires an organized,
motivated individual with a well-developed team spirit to shape and
drive the activities of Flory Industries product safety
- Uphold and promote Flory Industries culture of safety,
integrity, and product excellence.
- Identify and interpret applicable standards and
- Communicate product safety status to company leadership.
- Evaluate man-machine interactions for potential sources of
accidents, injuries, or illnesses.
- Review written materials for safety content, accuracy, and
- Develop appropriate safety messages to be placed on machines,
manuals, and marketing materials.
- Work with product development personal to identify measures to
minimize the risk of accidents, injuries, or illnesses related to
- Participate in design reviews and provide regulatory input to
- Investigate and evaluate injuries, accidents, or claims
involving Flory Industries equipment.
- Serve as a company representative in the event of external
product liability investigations and or legal actions.
- Maintain product safety related records and record system.
- Develop, refine and preform processes to minimize the risk of
accidents, injuries, or illnesses related to product as low as
- Works safely and follows all safety work rules according to
company handbook, safety policies and procedures, trainings,
- Reports any unsafe conditions or unsafe work practices.
- Offers safety recommendations to improve safety
- Encourages safe behavior with coworkers.
- Participates in safety meeting or add input for safety
- Assists in eliminating hazards.
- Supports safety initiatives.
- Conceptual Skills
- Ability to work efficiently with little to no direct
- Effective time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects and schedules to
meet customer expectations and provide on time delivery of new
products and enhancements
- Process Improvement
- Utilize Lean principles to continually look for ways to improve
- Verbal Communication
- Effectively craft and deliver concise and informative
communications, to listen to and address the concerns of others,
and to transfer and translate information from one level or unit of
the organization to another.
- Comfortable and skilled at communicating in all formats with
all levels of organization.
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software
- Technical understanding mechanical, hydraulic and electrical
systems and machine operation.
- Attention to Detail
- Has a critical eye for detail and will settle for nothing less
than his/her best effort in achieving exceptional quality
- Has the expertise and experience to identify and solve product
- Ability to collect information and make good decisions based on
sound data and input from multiple individuals
- Teamwork/Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Fosters a supportive win-win and fun team environment.
- Actively participates in achieving team goals and supports
teamwork across all departments and divisions.
- Willing to compromise and looks for solutions that benefit the
company as a whole.
- Displays respect for differences among team members and gives
credit where credit is due.
- Considers FLORYSs mission/vision/values statements in making
decisions and taking actions.
- Sets example of high work ethic and integrity.
- Words are consistent with their actions.
Keywords: Flory Industries, Modesto , Product Safety Engineer*, Other , salida, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!