Child and Family Counselor
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Are you looking to make a difference in your community by
supporting youth and families? Have you completed your bachelor's
degree in social services or psychology? As a Child and Family
Counselor for Wraparound in Modesto, California, you'll use your
education and experience to positively impact a child's life. While
working one-on-one with at-risk youth and their families in their
home or community setting, you'll implement treatment and
intervention plans to provide tools for the youth to thrive in
- As a Child and Family Counselor in Modesto, California, you
will travel to your client's homes or community setting to coach
and guide at-risk youth to strengthen their foundation to thrive in
- By building a strong, positive, caring relationship, you'll
create a safe space for your client to share and seek guidance
during challenging times.
- In our team-based setting, you'll document and share the status
and experiences of your treatment and intervention plans with other
team members, which may include social workers, parent partners,
program managers and clinicians to provide the best support for the
- Whether you are meeting with your client individually or in a
family setting, you'll build a trusting relationship with each of
- The flexible schedule allows you to meet with your 3-5 clients
at optimal times. Just by the client knowing you believe in them,
you become the catalyst that helps them improve.
- You'll see your clients improve their anger management skills,
increase their self-esteem, improve their social skills and
increase their social connections, and improve their impulse
control in order to maintain their placement, avoid hospitalization
or juvenile justice involvement and strengthen their resiliency,
relationships, and family connectedness.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology or related field
- Two years' experience with high-risk youth and their families
and a passion to work 1:1 with families to make a difference, we
encourage you to apply today.
Aspiranet supports your success at each step. You'll put your
educational knowledge to practice along with your relationship
building and collaboration skills. You'll also gain valuable
in-house and external training to support your success in your
role. This is a great opportunity to begin your career with the
ability to advance throughout the organization once you've
developed additional skills. And there is plenty of room for
advancement, as Aspiranet is a large statewide organization.
Flexible Time Off
- 13 paid holidays along with 14 vacation and 14 sick days
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- A 100% fully employer paid (premium) medical and dental benefit
- TelaDoc employer paid telehealth program
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical and dependent care plans
- 403(b) and 401(a) retirement plan with employer
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
- Accident, critical illness, and hospital gap plan
Training and Advancement
- Ongoing training & development opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
Employee assistance program
- Free confidential crisis line 24/7 (365 days a year)
- Six (6) face-to-face or telephonic sessions per issue
- Commuter program and mileage reimbursement
- Employee recognition and discount programs
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to
building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared
for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in
1975, our core mission is to help California kids and families.
Aspiranet's services include foster care and adoption family
support, residential care, support for youth making the transition
from foster care to adulthood, mental and behavioral health
services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family
resources. We provide services throughout California.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope
forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Keywords: Aspiranet, Modesto , Child and Family Counselor, Other , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!