Senior Programmer Analyst
Company: E. & J. Gallo Winery
Posted on: June 6, 2021
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits
brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply
Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As a Senior Programmer Analyst you will formulate and define
systems scope and objectives. Analyzes business procedures and
problems to develop specifications and convert them to application
What You Will Do:
- Ability to execute to business requirements and be able to
identify risks in the development process.
- Effectively communicates with peers, team, customers and
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of development toolset,
development processes, and Quality Assurance methodologies.
- Drives discipline and service delivery as planned, delivering
sustained operating stability. Knowledgeable of network management,
service management, ITIL, SLA's and outsourcing.
- Strong understanding of the utilization of middleware to
integrate applications and data in the portfolio. Can articulate
and define the effect on development and support of IT services and
- Fluent in the principles and application of problem solving
approaching to process improvement, system design, business
challenges, and technical problems.
- Drives performance measurements in all elements of the IT
Portfolio including development, delivery, operations and customer
service. Proficient in planning and forecasting.
- Mitigates risk in areas such as data, access, business
continuity, disaster recovery, separation of duties, single point
of failure, SOX, and Intellectual Property issues. Demonstrates
understanding of security policy, network access, data access,
privacy and auditing.
- Understanding and articulation of the relationship between
components in the IT portfolio. This includes planning and
architectural review of initiatives.
- Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen
specific skill areas
- Understands the business areas supported to determine specific
output requirements and report format. Supports multiple business
- Studies existing data systems to evaluate effectiveness.
Develops new and modifies current systems to improve processes by
researching new technology and applying it to complex business
issues or projects.
- Leads one or more medium sized and complex projects which
entail overseeing internal IT professionals, as well as external IT
- Designs, codes tests, debugs, documents, installs, provides
training, and maintains programs.
- Conducts studies pertaining to development of new systems to
meet current and projected needs.
- Plans and prepares documentation of the development and
functioning of operational systems including technical reports and
- Provides technical leadership and business expertise to
subordinates and peers on complex projects by evaluating and
recommending appropriate development tools.
- Prepares proposals and recommendations for management and
- Responsible for conducting or coordinating quality assurance
testing and leadership in quality assurance practices to deliver IT
services that meet requirements, work as planned and integrate with
other IT services..
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with
other IT business units/areas to ensure successful implementation
and support of project efforts.
- Creates work plans for others and is expected to meet budget
and schedule commitments.
- Functions as a liaison with other departments, divisions, and
- Communicates project status to all levels of management.
- Provides on-call support during off-hours.
- Perform root cause analysis for any technical application
- Lead technical understanding for successful upgrades and
implementation of future phases of application.
- Creates technical documentation.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable
quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If
accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their
understanding and compliance.
- Trains junior level personnel in technical complexities of
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of experience in programming
analysis, software engineering, or software development reflecting
increasing levels of responsibility; or 9 years of experience in
programming analysis, software engineering, or software development
reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or Bachelor's
degree in Computer Science, MIS, Math, Engineering, or Business
Administration plus 4 years of experience in programming analysis,
software engineering, or software development reflecting increasing
levels of responsibility.
- Experience with software installation, configuration and
- Strong technical, oral/written communication and
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or MIS plus 5 years of
experience in, programming analysis, software engineering, or
software development reflecting increasing levels of
- Master's degree.
- Proficient with SQL query language and relational database
- Proficient with PL/SQL programming.
- Experience with Oracle.
- Experience with MS SQL Server.
- Experience with SSIS programming.
- Experience with data integration tools (e.g. Automic,
- Some experience with Salesforce.
- Some experience with SAP, SAP HANA EDW, and SAP integration
- Experience working with rapidly evolving software.
- Experience with creation of system monitoring and metric
- Experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting common
scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal
documents. Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints
from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
community. Experience effectively presenting information to top
management, public groups, and boards of directors.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing
facts, and drawing valid conclusions. Experience interpreting an
extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
- Demonstrates the highest level of programming proficiency.
- Demonstrates strong initiative, self-motivation, and commitment
to the job.
- Experience influencing user management.
- Experience managing customer expectations.
- Experience identifying short and long-term issues and providing
- Knowledge of other business areas. Demonstrates strong team
building skills, adapts to unexpected changes, and acts as a strong
- Demonstrates strong negotiation and conflict resolution
- Broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures in
this field of specialization.
- Experience completing assignments that are broad in nature,
usually requiring originality and ingenuity, with appreciable
latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
To view a full job description, please click
Keywords: E. & J. Gallo Winery, Modesto , Senior Programmer Analyst, Other , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!