Public Safety Officer (45271)
Company: Black Oak Casino
Posted on: June 7, 2021
SUMMARY: Responsible for properly executing safety and security
duties on assigned shift in accordance with Policies and
Essential Responsibilities and Duties: (Specific areas of
responsibility including, but not limited to)
- Generates necessary written reports regarding
safety/security-related incidents involving Guests and Team
Members; investigates thefts, injuries/illnesses, and property
- Actively patrols on a continual basis to provide overall asset
protection of Casino property and Guest/Team Member safety.
- Communicates effectively using a two-way radio to receive and
provide information to other radio users, and coordinate
- Attends required meetings and trainings.
- Identifies potential safety hazards and reports them; mitigates
and resolves safety hazards, or requests the appropriate
individual/department for proper resolution.
- Ensures safe transportation of Casino monies, gaming assets,
and the safety of Team Members and Guests.
- Interacts with difficult Guests and situations, and takes
- Interacts with Guests and Team Members in a positive and
- Maintains a working knowledge of Resort departments, areas, and
facilities, as well as special events and promotions in order to
advise Guests, and assists fellow Team Members whenever
- Checks identification of Guests who appear to be under the
legal age to either gamble or consume alcoholic beverages, or who
have active exclusions, and takes appropriate action.
- Oversees collection, testing, and processing duties in
compliance with BOC Certified Professional Collector (CPC)
guidelines and Drug / Alcohol Testing program policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent.
- Military experience preferred.
- Must be a trained and Certified Professional Collector (CPC)
within the introductory period.
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as identification
cards, safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions,
procedure manuals, etc.
- Must be familiar with Public Safety Department Policies and
Procedures, the Emergency Action Plan and have passed the training
program within the introductory period.
- Ability to write and type, reports, documents, and
- Must be familiar with all applicable laws, rules, and
regulations governing the Casino.
- Required to attend mandatory training such as Defensive
Tactics, Title 31, CPC, A.R.E., etc.
- Must be able to read electronic display panels on devices such
as radios, cellular telephones, alarm systems, public address
- Ability to apply common sense reasoning to a variety of
situations and carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram
form in a professional manner.
- Must be able to keep up with a fast-paced atmosphere and work
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- May be required to possess and maintain a valid California
driver's license and a Black Oak Casino driver's permit.
- Must be able to communicate using a portable 2-way radio and/or
- Must possess working knowledge of computer programs and
- Must be able to pass a mandatory drug test.
- Must be able to obtain a valid gaming license.
- Must provide evidence of employment eligibility in the
- Must possess excellent communication and writing skills.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Required to lift and push/pull up to 50 lbs and occasionally
more with assistance.
- Must have visual acuity of 20/20 with corrective lenses.
- Must be physically able to perform all job requirements.
- Required to work around moving machinery with possible exposure
to vibration, dust, gas, steam or chemicals.
- Required to wear protective equipment such as mask, earplugs,
gloves, eyewear, weather gear, etc.
- Must be able to stand and walk up to 100% of job time.
- Must be able to work in a non-smoke free environment.
- Must be able to work in a noisy environment.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Potential exposure to infectious disease.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and
- Potential exposure to hostile situations.
- Required to walk on uneven ground.
Keywords: Black Oak Casino, Modesto , Public Safety Officer (45271), Other , Tuolumne, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!