Company: American Advanced Management, Inc
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Cook prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables,
desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption by residents and
employees in facility by performing the following duties.
- Food Handler's Certification
- Experience desirable, but not a requirement.
- Must be mentally alert.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Clean and appropriately groomed.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an
example of team work and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
patients, family members, visitor, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
- Must not pose a direct threat to safety and health of other
individuals in the workplace.
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements and orders from
supplier or procures food from storage
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens,
broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare
soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and
- Adds seasoning to food during mixing or cooking
- Observes and tests food being cooking by tasting, smelling, and
piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and
sauces, and garnishes serving to fill orders
- Supervises other cooks and kitchen employees
- Washes, peels, cuts and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare
them for use
- Butchers chicken, fish and shellfish
- Cuts, trims and bones meat prior to cooking
- Bakes breads, rolls, cakes and pastry
- Other duties may be assigned
Keywords: American Advanced Management, Inc, Modesto , Cook, Other , Riverbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!