Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Company: American Advanced Management, Inc
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Join us for our Open House on Friday, September 4, 2020 from
8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Under the general supervision of a Licensed Vocational Nurse
and/or Registered Nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant performs
routine tasks in patient care, bedside nursing, and documentation
of care provided. This position does provide direct patient care to
adult and geriatric patients.
- The Certified Nursing Assistant must have a current CA
Certified Nursing Assistant Certification. CPR certification is
required within 30 days of hire. Knowledge of basic nursing
techniques and procedures, aseptic practices, and cardio-pulmonary
techniques is desirable.
- This position requires the ability to communicate effectively,
both verbally and in writing. The capability to follow written and
verbal instructions, process basic math skills, and the ability to
maintain an effective working relationship with others is critical
to the position.
- Ability to maintain assigned work hours: Requires endurance to
perform assigned tasks over long periods during working hours.
- The duties and responsibilities are listed below. It is the
expectation of the institution that the employee be able to
demonstrate competency in each area. It is the duty of the
institution to provide orientation and performance evaluation in
each area stated.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PERFORMS VITAL SIGNS ACCURATELY
- Takes temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure using
appropriate single use patient equipment.
- Measures and records fluid and food intake and output
- Records calorie count accurately
- Performs weights accurately
PERFORMS TREATMENTS AND PROCEDURES APPROPRIATELY
- Collects specimens, gives sitz baths
- Assists in physical examinations, special treatments or
postmortem care as directed.
- Transports patients to and from various treatment centers when
necessary; assists transporters in moving patients in and out of
stretchers and wheelchairs
CLEANS EQUIPMENT AND INSTRUMENTS APPROPRIATELY MAINTAINS CLEAN
- Maintains the cleanliness of various instruments and equipment
such as bedpans, urinals, and wheelchairs. Ensures that such
equipment is labeled and properly stored when not in use. Empties
canisters as needed. Follows appropriate Infection Control
- Keeps the patient's room in clean and orderly condition. Makes
beds, replaces soiled linen, straightens bedside tables, discards
trash, keeps window ledges free of clutter, removes unused
equipment and returns to storage after it is properly cleaned.
MAINTAINS UNIT STOCK LEVELS OF SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT AS
- Assists in restocking rooms with supplies and equipment as
directed. Checks trays, charts and cabinets for adequacy of
inventory; assists with cleaning when necessary.
PERFORMS PATIENT CARE ACTIVITIES APPROPRIATELY.
- Performs services for the patient involving bathing using basin
less bath products, oral hygiene, care of hair, and oral
- Answers patient lights and performs services in a timely manner
that adds to the physical well being of the patient.
- Participates in hourly rounds.
- Reports any unusual circumstances or change in patient's
condition to the LVN and/or Supervisor.
- Recognizes and communicates cardiopulmonary arrest and
initiates basic life support.
- Observes patients for unusual symptoms or signs of illness and
reports significant findings to LPN/Supervisor.
- Practices good isolation techniques to maintain a safe
environment and to control the spread of infection.
- Performs all other duties as required.
PROVIDES A LEVEL OF COMPETENCY TO PATIENTS AGES 18 AND
UPHOLDS ALL SERVICE STANDARDS
- Safety- We do no harm and create an error-free
- Follow environment of care plan
- Follow established clinical practices
- Routine assessment of the environment for high risks with
immediate correction (look for dangerous things and fix them;
identify high risk issues and fix them)
Pay attention to detail
- Communication- We engage our customers in exchanging clear,
timely and accurate information.
- Listen carefully
- Ensure understanding of treatment and services
- Timely follow-up on commitments
Constantly learn about the customers and identify their
- Courtesy- We treat everyone with respect, social sensitivity
- We acknowledge our customers with a smile and treat them as
- Listen to our customers
- Look at each interaction as an opportunity to promote courtesy
with our customers
- We treat each other as we treat our guests
We strive to exceed our customers expectations
- Presentation- We provide a positive customer experience through
the appearance of our environment and employees.
- Maintain a clean and organized environment, including
- Control hospital odors
- All employees are compliant with the dress code
- All employees communicate in a professional and courteous
manner, including body language
- Protect the privacy of patients
Maintain a quiet atmosphere
- Efficiency- We use resources appropriately to benefit the
customer and the organization.
- Availability, assessment and application of resources
- Do it right the first time
- Pay attention to details
- Save steps through planning
- Timely responses
Keywords: American Advanced Management, Inc, Modesto , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Other , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!