Posted on: June 7, 2021
Overview: The General Manager will have overall responsibility
of a Fixed and Paratransit service including the delivery of safe
and reliable service, employee oversight, management of contract
assets, risk management, client and customer satisfaction and
financial performance. This position reports to the Regional Vice
This is for proposed business and all offers are contingent
upon Transdev's award of the contract.
Qualifications: Education, Licensing, and Certifications
- Setting the commercial and operational strategic direction for
the business unit team and leads the management team and employee
workforce to achieve corporate/property safety goals, service
performance, and financial objectives.
- Responsible for identifying and developing business growth
opportunities from existing customers. Close working relationship
with Technology Software development team will be required to
ensure strong alignment between customer requirements and software
- Responsible for optimizing the return on assets deployed within
the business to include vehicle scheduling, maintenance and
- Responsible for identifying and analyzing KPIs to help improve
- Ensuring services are provided within budget and action plans
developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies.
- Responsible for determining and delivering business unit
- Ensuring compliance with State and Federal regulation and
compliance with Transdev corporate safety standards.
- Develop relationships with external customers.
- Responsible for all staff management and development and
training in liaison with the corporate team as appropriate.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required.
- BA/BS in transportation, logistics, or related field
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- 5 or more years of management and supervisory experience in a
Fixed and Paratransit transportation operation.
- Labor relations experience.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state employment laws.
- Thorough knowledge of laws, ordinances and regulations
underlying the transit operation.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods of operation of the transit
system's staff and operational departments.
- Ability to deal with state and local government.
- Ability to manage cost control and financial/budget
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel
and PowerPoint programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent
presentation skills; ability to influence people at all levels of
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong
attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively with labor; including labor
grievances and negotiations.
- Travel requirement: < 10% travel between properties and for
meetings and outside training.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check.
Keywords: Transdevna, Modesto , General Manager, Other , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!