At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through
faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. As a member of our team,
you'll get to make an immediate, measurable impact on a global
scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and
development. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, to
develop rapid groundbreaking solutions for the world's most complex
Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular
diagnostics - from ideation and innovation through development and
delivery of life-changing advancements in healthcare-associated
infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology
and oncology applications.
This important work takes more than just thinking, more than
just leading, and more than simply doing - it takes all three. It
takes people willing to bring their whole selves to work, operating
with imagination, with initiative and achieving more than they ever
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand standard work to identify material requirements and
movements to support manufacturing associates.
- Respond to any urgent or immediate needs to fulfill last minute
- Identify process improvement opportunities and collaborate with
Supervisor to implement countermeasures.
- Responsible for the movement of empty and full totes and
- Understand and follow all safety guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring all presses do not run empty of
- Understand procedure for changing out material and replenishing
prior to press running dry.
- Responsible for stocking all materials needed for manufacturing
associates to perform their job i.e. empty totes, bags, empty
- Provides and delivers materials to the line upon request.
- Responsible of moving semi-finished product to Logistic
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking materials used in
- Perform other duties as required including discarding of scrap,
general housekeeping, runner clean-up, etc.
- Anticipate, communicate and resolve internal and external
issues that could affect the material availability.
- Continuously achieve good customer service while following
guidelines to support best business practices.
- Train new associates on proper material movement as
TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES: (REQUIRED)
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and
Education and Experience (in years):
- 0-2 year of related experience
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience
Knowledge and skills:
- Understands Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good
Documentation Practice (GDP)
- Must be a team player and able to demonstrate willingness and
ability to provide assistance to co-workers.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with peers,
supervisors, managers and leads. Able to understand instructions
written and spoken in English.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to solve basic math problems
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. Must be able to stand for several
hours. Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Experience in clean room assembly or Manufacturing in the
medical device, pharmaceutical or biotech industry, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
The statements in this description represent typical elements,
criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for
As part of the Danaher family of companies, our work at Cepheid
is supported by a global science and technology innovator. In
addition to Danaher's unrivaled leadership training and
professional development programs, this relationship also provides
expanded career opportunities across industries and brands.
Together, we are united by a shared purpose: Helping Realize Life's
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal
opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital
status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is
the Law" poster is available here.