At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
Field Service Technician - Modesto, CA
Are you mechanically inclined with a knack for hands-on work? Do
you enjoy a flexible schedule and working independently? Do you
thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can make a difference
every day by solving complex problems and providing an exceptional
If you want to work for a great company where you will have the
opportunity to advance your career, join our growing team as a
Field Service Technician in the Modesto area.
What You Will Do:
At STERIS, our Field Service Technicians act as the face of our
company by ensuring top-notch service for our customers. In this
field-based, customer-facing role, you will travel to hospital and
surgical facilities to maintain, troubleshoot, service, and provide
calibration and installation support for steam sterilizers, medical
equipment washers and other STERIS products as needed. In addition,
you will be responsible for building positive relationships with
customers and colleagues, as well as completing necessary
Transferable skills for this role include mechanical (large
military/agricultural equipment, appliances or vehicles), plumbing,
HVAC, electrical, building maintenance and other similar field
service repair work.
What You Need To Be Successful:
- High school diploma or GED with 2+ years of relevant experience
required. Associate's or bachelor's degree in electronics,
mechanics or a similar discipline, plus 1+ year(s) of related
experience, is strongly preferred. This position may be elevated to
a Field Service Technician II role for candidates that possess an
appropriate level of relevant experience as determined by
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours (at times outside "normal
business hours") and travel as required.
- Strong technical, organizational, problem-solving and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with navigating a computer and exposure to Microsoft
- Comfortable working independently without supervision.
- Flexibility to handle multiple, changing priorities.
- Willingness to work in a hospital setting that may include
visibility to emergency trauma.
- Physical working requirements include:
- Routine movement such as walking, bending, kneeling, squatting,
sitting, standing, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling and
- Performing work from floor level to above shoulder height. This
may include the use of ladders and/or scaffolds.
- Routinely lifting, lowering and carrying 1 to 35 pounds, as
well as occasionally lifting and lowering 36 to 49 pounds.
- Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Working in confined spaces and under variable
What We Offer You:
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, global
company that will invest in your career growth over the long term.
STERIS wouldn't be where it is today without our incredible,
talented people. That's why we share in our success together by
rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for
the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive pay
- Annual merit bonus and incentive plans
- Company vehicle, uniforms and all necessary tools provided
- Business travel and all related expenses paid
- Service training and coaching program
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Opportunities for advancement
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with
approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than
If you need assistance completing the application process,
please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for
accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action
programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained,
transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race,
color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship
status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, and any other category
protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed
to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor,
but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics
required by 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and
applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program
may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business