Business Systems Analyst
Company: E. & J. Gallo Winery
Posted on: June 12, 2021
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits
brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply
Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As a Business Systems Analyst you will work with our partners
and customers on activities such as requirements elicitation,
documentation, and project management. You will participate in a
variety of initiatives including a multitude of data analysis
activities. You will translate and facilitates requirements into IT
system, process and application deliverables as business
What You Will Do:
- Identifies a desired future state that addresses a business
- Conducts basic requirements elicitation, develops functional
requirements documentation, drafts user stories based on personal
knowledge, and creates mock-ups.
- Manages business and functional requirements to meet
performance expectations and assesses the risks of various solution
- Translates business requirements into functional and
- Participates in the development of business case
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to
improve, create and design solutions.
- Solution assessment & validation skills including creation of
test plans, performing functional testing, and data
- Applies standards and best practices by continuously learning
on projects and initiatives and can communicate to key
- Participates in scoping tasks and projects. Documents product
and project scope.
- Works with stakeholders to develop scope and phases to meet
- Quantifies tasks and project related resource requirements on
projects. Identifies project risks through the development
- Measures and communicates in business terms the proposed
project benefits. Participates in measuring and helping to
communicate solution value and IT contribution to key
- Manages medium sized projects and tasks for internal and 3rd
party professionals. Communicates project status to key project
- Maintains working knowledge of project management and business
analysis tools, principles, practices, procedures.
Relationship and Communication:
- Builds organizational partnerships effectively engaging and
- Builds strong relationships with IT teams and suppliers.
Engages IT teams and suppliers to ensure solution quality and
targeted business outcomes.
- Educates IT teams and suppliers on a project's business
technical context. Collaborates with geographically distributed
- Communicates across multiple constituencies to support project
and user adoption change objectives. Engages key knowledge workers
in change management activities. Presents ideas in a concise and
focused manner. Communicates benefits of solution in business
language. Presents to teams and small audiences.
- Navigates through other IT processes related to development,
testing, change management, etc.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable
quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If
accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their
understanding and compliance.
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency
- Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of business systems analysis
experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility to
include document preparation; or 6 years of business systems
analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
to include document preparation; or Bachelor's degree in Computer
Science, MIS, Math, Engineering or Business Administration plus 1
year of business systems analysis experience to include document
- Project management experience.
- Experience working with stakeholders to develop scope and
phases to meet intended deadlines.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word and MS Excel at an intermediate
- Experienced at solving practical problems, collecting data,
establishing facts, and dealing with a variety of concrete
- Good communication and business writing skills.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Math, Engineering
or Business Administration plus 2 years of business systems
analysis experience reflecting increasing levels or responsibility
to include document preparation.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft products including PowerPoint
and Visio at an intermediate level.
- Working knowledge of SQL to pull and organize data.
- Basic object orientated programming knowledge and experience
with languages such as Java, C#, and Python.
- Experience writing reports, business correspondence, and
- Experience effectively communicating and presenting information
to mid-sized groups.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and
waterfall and/or Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience performing work that is varied and may be somewhat
difficult in character, usually involving limited responsibility,
requiring frequent evaluation, originality or ingenuity.
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and
procedures of this particular field of specialization.
- PMP certification or equivalent work experience
- Lean Six Green/Black Belt certification or equivalent work
- Agile/SCRUM certification or equivalent work experience.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional or
equivalent work experience.
- Experience or familiarity with product information management
systems, digital asset management systems, and/or content
- Experience or familiarity with data syndication, data modeling
and transforming, data views and building reports, and data
- Experience or familiarity with digital supply chain.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this
position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click
Keywords: E. & J. Gallo Winery, Modesto , Business Systems Analyst, Other , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!