Jr. Construction Manager (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
- Assist in preparing bid documents and scopes of work
- Assist in prequalifying vendors and subcontractors
- Coordinate submittals and transmittals to subcontractors
- Assist in maintaining master project cost data base
- Assist in developing project schedules.
- Participate in developing project bid list
- Participate in developing subcontractor Purchase Orders
- Participate in analysis of contract documents and proposed
- Participate in major material purchase recommendations.
Project Management (In Field)
- Review and establish with the project manager critical dates
prior to proceeding with detailed scheduling
- Process RFI’s, Bulletins and submittals
- Manage change orders and subcontractor invoices
- Participate in maintaining budgets and cost forecasts
- Prepare, obtain and track closeout documents/turnover
- Participate in post project review with key project
- Build and maintain strong Client trust and relationships
- Prepare Project Safety Plans
- Participate in site safety reviews
- Participate in implementation of quality control program
- Review and update RFI’s, Sketches and Bulletins on Field
- Prepare daily reports and monitor subcontractor activities as
directed by the Site Manager
- Develop and maintain punch lists
- Applicants will have 1 - 5 years of construction
related experience, a portion of which was directly involved with
managing construction projects. Highly desired is previous
experience with cold storage and food process construction.
Will perform any and all assigned duties. Work with and under
the supervision of a Preconstruction Manager, Project Manager, or
Site Manager in the planning, managing and construction of various
design-build projects. This role is Client facing, and strong
communication and trust-building skills are a must.
- This position includes responsibility for any assigned
construction activities from concept through completion.
- Will learn to interface with our Fortune 500 clients, who are
industry leaders, to provide quality project execution.
- Highly desired is some experience overseeing
building/Renovation of Facilities for manufacturing of food,
beverage, consumer products or life science industries.
- This position requires a BS Degree in Engineering, Construction
Management or related field.
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour training certificate desired. OSHA 30
training will be provided.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group FS Inc
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Modesto , Jr. Construction Manager (Design Group), Other , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!