Located in Ripon, CA
Must be at
least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s
license. This position is responsible for assisting the Store
Manager and Assistant Store Manager with the execution of
operational, sales, and merchandising objectives by providing
outstanding customer service. This position is also responsible for
promoting a safe and productive work environment for all Team
Members, customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members
on the appropriate application of policies and procedures.
It is essential that you be available,
flexible, adaptable, and service-oriented, as you must be able to
fulfill all of the following requirements:
1. Maintain regular and predictable
2. Work scheduled shifts, and have the ability to work varied
hours, days, nights, weekends, and overtime as dictated by business
3. Uphold and promote a safe and productive work environment by
following and enforcing policies and procedures.
4. Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
- Greet the Customer
- Uncover the Customers’ needs
- Recommend products
- Ask for the Sale
5. This position is required to perform a
combination of the following duties during 95 percent of their day.
Although the mix may vary from one day to another, our business and
staffing model makes it essential that every person in this
position be able to perform all of the following duties accurately,
efficiently and safely on a regular basis and without advance
- Execute assigned basic, promotional, and seasonal merchandising
- Perform Opening/Closing procedures.
- Transport and make deposits to bank.
- Assess store conditions and assign duties.
- Organize and prioritize workflow through the use of the daily
- Recovery of merchandise.
- Participate in mandatory freight process.
- Perform regular and promotional price change activities.
- Resolve customer complaints/issues and ensure the customer has
a positive experience.
- Adhere to loss prevention standards and respond to any alarm
calls as needed.
- Communicate with Team Members on job functions,
responsibilities and financial goals.
- Operate cash register/computer supervising cash handling
- Assist Team Members on appropriate application of policies and
- Operate Forklift and Baler
- Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job
6. May be required to perform other duties
Experience: Retail experience
and/or farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is
strongly preferred. Supervisory experience preferred. Must be at
least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred,
but not required. Regardless of education level, you must be able
to read, write, and count accurately.
Professional Certifications: None.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues
ethically and with minimal conflict.
- Ability to perform and execute principle responsibilities of
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with
moderate noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard
surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are
adequate. Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather
- Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are
no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for all Team
Members, customers, and vendors, as well as train Team Members on
the appropriate application of policies and procedures.
Physical and Mental Requirements
This position is non-sedentary. It is essential that you have the
physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the
store and outdoor areas quickly and safety; to operate all
equipment related to their job duties effective, safely, properly,
and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer
service. You must have the physical and mental ability to perform
all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50
pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with
the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend,
stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including
selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a
store (e.g. dolly, hand truck, forklift, baler, computer, cash
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer,
cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication
skills to communicate effectively with team members and
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the
- Ability to successfully complete training and certification to
dispense propane, and to dispense propane.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
- Ability to travel as required in support of district
- Ability to drive or operate a vehicle for business needs.
This job description represents an
overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position.
It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of
responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as
assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Supply Company (TSCO), the largest
rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to
enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members’
commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,900 stores
in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply
ranks in the Fortune 400 with annual revenues of more than $8
billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve
those who live “Life out Here”!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great
Place to Work!
Tractor Supply Company
offers a competitive Benefits package, including Medical, Dental, &
Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as well as Part-time
Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a minimum hours
requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other Benefits such
as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an
Employee Stock Purchase Plan