Air Tactical Pilot
Company: Courtney Aviation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Summary: Courtney Aviation, a Part 135 Charter Company, is
seeking contract candidates for Air Attack Pilot positions.
Aircraft are operated in support of CalFire & USFS Aerial
Firefighting missions.Courtney Aviation strives to build the best
team and systems that work smoothly toward the common goal of
controlling wildfire. Our people are sought after by the agencies
we work with, and we continue to bring our in-depth knowledge
deeper into the organization to advance aerial firefighting to new
levels.Constantly expanding the limits of human to human, machine,
and electronic interactions, Courtney has consistently brought
advanced thinking to dynamic emergency situations. Our team and
tools are highly tuned to the ever-evolving environment of
wildfire. We apply these talents through our Air Attack,
Reconnaissance, and Infrared mapping contracts.While accomplishing
our mission is important safety is imperative. Our specialized
aircraft are supported by experienced maintenance staff and flown
by highly trained pilots to meet the unique demands of the aerial
firefighting environment. Excellent equipment and superior training
allow the safe execution of our mission objectives under adverse
conditions.Pilot Experience Requirements: Applicant shall hold a
current and valid FAA Commercial or higher Pilot Certificate with
current instrument rating, FAA First- or Second-Class medical
certificate. Additionally, the Pilot shall also have logged flight
time as PIC in fixed-wing aircraft of at least the following
minimum amounts:PIC 135 IFR: Ground & Flight Training &
135.293(a)&(b), 135.297 & 135.299
- Total time: 1500
- Pilot-in-command total: 1200Pilot-in-command, as follows:
- Category and class to be flown: 200
- Fixed wing - preceding 12-months: 100
- Cross Country: 500
- Operations in low level mountainous terrain*: 200
- Night: 100
- Instrument - in flight: 50 (Strong Instrument skills a
- Instrument - actual/simulated: 75
- Make & Model to be flown**: 25
- Make & Model - preceding 60-days**: 10*Low level mountainous
terrain is flight at 2500 feet AGL and below in terrain identified
as mountainous in 14 CFR 95.11 and depicted in the Aeronautical
Information Manual (AIM) Figure 5-6-2.**Time in Make & Model will
be calculated upon completion of 135 training.Functions:
- Work as a team player under the direction of the Direction of
Operations & Chief Pilot.
- Conduct flight operations in a safe, standardized, and
- Operate in accordance with company and agency Standard
- Ensure regulatory, agency, and company policy compliance.
- Ensure accurate pre-flight planning, loading, and performance
- Verify airworthiness and report any concerns or discrepancies
to the Director of Maintenance.
- Maintain expert working knowledge of aircraft and pilot
- Provide clear, relevant, and timely information to the PIC,
ATC, and other fire resources.
- Adhere to all aircraft limitations and treat the equipment with
care and respect.
- Promote Courtney Aviation's Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations or Chief
Pilot.Abilities and Aptitudes:
- Communication - Must have excellent communication skills. Able
to read, write and understand the English language.
- Teamwork - Ability to work as part of the aerial firefighting
team under all conditions.
- Interpersonal skills - Ability to work well with a variety of
personalities. Ability to diffuse conflicts and maintain a positive
- Task management - Must prioritize tasks and projects with
attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor - Ability to maintain professional
relationships in adverse conditions.
- Adaptability - Able to adapt to dynamic work environment with
uncertain and fluid work schedules.Skills:
- Aeronautical Decision Making - Awareness of associated risk
factors and ability to make consistent, conservative, and timely
- Airmanship- Apply knowledge, experience, training, situational
awareness, skills, and discipline to command the machine to support
- Troubleshooting/Critical Thinking - Determine cause and effect
through expert knowledge of aircraft systems, malfunctions, and
procedures to assist abnormal operations and maintenance.
- Computer Literacy - Able to use IT tools to enhance training,
productivity, and situational awareness.
- Technical comprehension and writing - Ability to reference and
understand manuals, critically analyze relationship between OEM
procedures and company SOPS, and manage discrepancy logs and
MEL.Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, ContractPay: $40.00 - $60.00
per hourCOVID-19 considerations:Due to our current contracts with
the Federal and State government COVID-19 Vaccination is required
as a condition of employment.Ability to commute/relocate:
- California: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Preferred)Education:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)License/Certification:
- Commercial Multi-Engine Pilot Certificate (Required)Willingness
- 50% (Required)Work Location: On the road
Keywords: Courtney Aviation, Modesto , Air Tactical Pilot, Other , Columbia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!