Registered Nurse - Hospice (RN)
Company: American Advanced Management, Inc
Posted on: June 20, 2022
San Joaquin County - Stanislaus County- Merced County
The Registered Nurse plans, organizes and directs home care
services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community
health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the
resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the
needs of individuals and families within their homes.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2)
years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting.
Current licensure in state and CPR certification. Bachelor's
degree, with one (1) year of home health care experience preferred.
Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising
home health aides. Excellent observation, verbal and written
communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills;
nursing skills per competency checklist. Prolonged or considerable
walking or standing. Able to lift, position or transfer patients.
Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching,
stooping, bending, kneeling or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing
to perform required nursing skills. Must be a licensed driver with
an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or
organization requirements and is in good working order.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to
determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment
and history of current and previous illness(es).
* Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
* Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as
patient status and needs change.
* Uses health assessment date to determine nursing diagnosis.
* Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing
diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and
rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and family in
the planning process.
* Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Administers medication and treatments as prescribed by
* Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
* Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
per assessment and plan of care.
* Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan
development and implements prior to discharge the patient.
* Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor/Nursing
Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care
for assigned caseload.
Keywords: American Advanced Management, Inc, Modesto , Registered Nurse - Hospice (RN), Other , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!