Direct Support Aide
Company: Stanislaus County Department of Workforce Developm
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Job Title: -Direct Support Aide, Part-timeReports To: -Assistant
Program DirectorDepartment: Day Program ServicesFLSA Status:
Non-ExemptBenefits: -NoneHourly Wage: $16.50To apply: Please send
resume to -email@example.comSUMMARYUnder the direction of
Management of Day Program Services, Instructor I is responsible for
providing training and support to adults with developmental
disabilities that are behaviorally challenged and/or dual
diagnosed. The support services will always consist of providing
direct service daily and ensuring the consumers health and safety.
Complies with Agency policies and procedures and demonstrates
appropriate Employee Standards of Conduct.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Must be willing to work in a team-oriented work
- Provide direct service training and supervision to individuals
with disabilities in classroom and community settings.
- Provide appropriate supervision to individuals served that
ensures health and safety.
- Provide transportation to program consumers in the
- Provide non-aversive training techniques to individuals served
- Responsible for obtaining, disbursing and providing
documentation for consumer petty cash use for training
- Exercise good judgment and deploy crisis techniques needed to
appropriately and effectively respond to behavioral crisis
- Implement training goals and objectives for individuals served
as outlined in ODS program design and Individual Program Plan.
- Effectively work as an Interdisciplinary Team member by
providing clear, concise and accurate information as it relates to
progress and techniques needed to provide quality services to
individuals served by ODS.
- Collect and report accurate data.
- Communicate information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment.
- Provide First Aid treatment as needed.
- Participate in and successfully complete all required training
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and
- Can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time, and
complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner.
- The essential duties and responsibilities contained herein
describe the scope of this position but should not be an
all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform
other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover
absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise
balance the workload.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no
managerial responsibilities.EDUCATION AND RESPONSIBILITIESHigh
school diploma or equivalent; and have basic knowledge of
psychology.ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTSMust be at least eighteen years of
age (or twenty-five years of age if driving/working for the Special
Olympics); posses a valid California drivers license; clear DMV
record that meets or exceeds company policy and safe/reliable
vehicle with valid automobile insurance as required by California
law for the purpose of transporting program consumers in the
community; must be physically and mentally fit to work with
individuals who can be potentially harmful to self and/or others;
must be able to meet or exceed ODS pre-employment functional
capabilities standard physical and drug test; MUST have an
unrestricted - capability to employ Professional Assault Response
Training used to deal with crisis situations; must - be able to
successfully complete and maintain Red Cross First Aid and Adult
CPR certification; be able to meet or exceed Community Care
Licensing standards; and participate in, and successfully complete,
all other required training and certifications.LANGUAGE
SKILLSAbility to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
data collection, procedure manuals. - Ability to summarize and
write progress notes. - Ability to speak effectively before groups
and agency contacts of ODS.MATHAMETICAL SKILLSAbility to add,
subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals. - Must have the ability to
compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar
graphs.REASONING ABILITYMust have the ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. - Also possess the ability to respond to crisis
situations in a safe and responsible manner.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe
physical demands here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this position.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Stanislaus County Department of Workforce Developm, Modesto , Direct Support Aide, Other , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!