Company: Waste Management
Posted on: November 22, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Pay Range: Up to 18 + / Hour
Shift: 1st Shift
What is the value of a WM job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It's a way to create
opportunities for you and your family.---
We Are Stable:---Our WM team is home every day, and our team
members---perform essential and meaningful work.
We Are Committed to Growth:---100% tuition paid for benefits
eligible employees and---their family, and established career
We Are Investing in You:---Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K
with match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, and
Who are we? #WeAreWM
Ready to roll with us?--- Click Apply to join the WM team today
I. Job Summary
Serves as the first point of contact for customers depositing waste
at a Waste Management Facility; calculates payments, checks loads,
and ensures the safety of the customer and other employees through
observation of safety rules and regulations.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Greets customers, directs customers and other traffic, and
answers questions accurately.
- Correctly calculates payments for customers.
- Ensures that incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain
any inappropriate material.
- Ensures that customers and employees conduct all business in a
safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment
- Provides general upkeep of the Scale House.
- Completes all administrative tasks including regular filing,
and completes required reports.
- Keeps immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
matters requiring his/her attention.
- Attends company sponsored training and meetings as
- Works overtime as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including data entry and
minor customer service responsibilities.
- Approaches all encounters with employees, customers and vendors
in a friendly, service oriented manner.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D (accredited)
- Experience: No prior work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
30 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements part of
the work day;
Normal setting for this job is: scalehouse.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, Modesto , Scalehouse Attendant, Other , Sonora, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!