Engineering Internship January-June 2023
Company: E&J Gallo
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Engineering Internship January-June 2023 Location: Modesto, CA,
US Livingston, CA, US Fresno, CA, US Date: Nov 18, 2022 Company: E.
& J. Gallo Why Gallo? With a global portfolio of over 100 unique
wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in
the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future. ENGINEERING
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM (6 MONTHS) Locations: Modesto, Fresno, or
Livingston CA Application Deadline: October 16, 2022 Engineering
Description Located at the E. & J. Gallo Winery's headquarters in
Modesto, California, this facility is the center for production,
distribution, and corporate decision making for the Domestic and
International businesses. Interns work with experienced engineers
to learn and assist in the below activities, including developing
and testing potential solutions to ongoing systemic issues, as well
as putting new processes in place. Interns will work in one or
several of the following areas: Facility and Reliability
Maintenance, Production, and Wine & Spirits. Job Summary The
Engineering department is searching for appropriate candidates to
fill the 6 month positions in our Internship Program Jan-June 2023.
Working closely with Engineers throughout the winery, the intern's
essential functions are as follows:
- Provide support in one or more of the following areas: project
management, controls, asset start-ups, process design, mass
balances, equipment sizing and selection, purchasing, construction
management, commissioning, start-up, equipment and system
qualification, continuous improvement, medium and low voltage
power, stabilization process & package qualifications.
- Develop equipment set ups, documentation, equipment / material
interface, and continuous improvement through learning and
implementing the Lean Six Sigma process.
- Lead and manage projects. Drive the team forward to milestones
and act as a liaison to the larger project team for new
- Work on engineering teams to identify issues, collect
appropriate supporting data, develop and present improvement ideas,
and implement solutions.
- Develop standardized work, time studies, equipment capability
and repeatability studies.
- Develop critical parameters for equipment and systems. Lead
root cause analysis for major unplanned downtime events.
- Design specialized tooling for maintenance applications.
Centerline/develop setup sheets for an asset.
- Develop and maintain relationship and communications between
suppliers, engineers, technical planners, storeroom, mechanics and
production line workers.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of
essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assigned.
- High School diploma or State-issued equivalency
- Currently enrolled at a college or university and working
towards a Bachelor's degree in the School of Engineering; or a
Bachelor's degree from the School of Engineering.
- Available for the entire duration of this internship program -
January 2023 through June 2023.
- The position requires availability to work evenings, weekends
and holidays when necessary.
- Junior or Senior class standing at a college or university and
working towards a Bachelor's degree in the School of
- Familiarity with statistical software.
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis methods.
- Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing and problem solving
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Wet/Slippery conditions vary and may include work in rain.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position
now or in the future. INT001 Gallo is an Equal Employment
opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race,
including but not limited to, hair texture and protective
hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national
origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental
disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law
(including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in
California), genetic information, marital status, familial status,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy,
childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation
(actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age,
military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault
victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. We
also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability,
please let us know at (see application details).
Nearest Major Market: Modesto
Job Segment: Lean Six Sigma, Six Sigma, Intern, Management, Entry
Keywords: E&J Gallo, Modesto , Engineering Internship January-June 2023, Other , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!