Geriatric Services Assistant (Central Valley PACE)
Company: Golden Valley Health Centers
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Geriatric Services Assistant is responsible for providing
support and advocacy services to patients of the Central Valley
PACE program, including participant screening, planning,
coordination of patient services related to their care and
Will work at the Central Valley PACE Center in Modesto.
Schedule is Monday - Friday, working from 8:00am - 5:00pm
Starting at $21.79 an hour
*Duties and Responsibilities*
- Provides navigation to new Participants during their first 90
days of enrollment in the program including their activities in the
center, the clinic, transportation, home care, medical records, and
referrals to outside appointments to ensure a smoot transition into
- Assists the Geriatric Services Specialist with coordination and
delivery of Participant services.
- Assists in maintaining case records.
- Refers participants and families to appropriate community
agencies or facilities, acts as liaison with such organizations and
as advocate for participants.
- Encourages effective relationships among staff geared to team
building and maintenance of a cohesive team.
- Documents participant changes appropriately in the medical
- Assists in the implementation and coordination of the discharge
- Participates as a contributor to the Interdisciplinary Team.
Attends staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning
- Observe each participant for any change in physical, mental,
emotional and social functioning and shall report such changes to
the licensed nurse.
- Assists in providing information and education regarding PACE
services, acting as a liaison between different disciplines,
services and participants to ensure continuity of care and
- Address any participants' inquiries, providing guidance and
assistance with any coordination and delivery of services.
- Facilitates communication among service providers, family,
participants, and caregivers.
- Conducts home visits, hospital visits, nursing skill facilities
visits as required.
- Ability to interact professionally and respectfully with
geriatric individuals including those with cognitive decline and/or
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds. Moving, lifting or transferring
patients may involve lifting or pushing greater than 30 pounds,
should be done with assistance as appropriate.
- Must be able to hear staff on the phone and those who are served
in-person, and speak clearly in order to communicate information to
clients and staff.
- Must have vision with or without lenses that is adequate to read
memos, a computer screen, personnel forms and clinical and
- Must have high manual dexterity.
- Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, must be
able to bend, squat and sit, stand, stoop, crouching, reaching,
kneeling, twisting/turning, fingering and feeling.
- Exposure to biohazards, including infectious material and waste
and any other conditions common in a health care environment.
- Moderate pressure to meet scheduled appointments while dealing
with frail and confused participants.
- Subject to unpleasant odors.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid CA Driver's License, acceptable driving record, and vehicle
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and use of electronic health
data systems, at a minimum level have good computer literacy
including internet navigation and research skills.
- Demonstrates ability to be culturally sensitive and respect
diversity, work effectively with individuals of different cultures
and socio-economic status; passion for service; self-starter and
highly organized; ability to prioritize, and complete a large
volume of work within strict time deadlines; provide prompt,
efficient and responsive customer service.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position
description established by Central Valley PACE and approved by CMS
before working independently.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, or experience in lieu of
- Current BLS CPR Card certified by the American Heart
- Minimum one (1) years health related experience preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with the frail or elderly
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.79 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Paid sick time
* Vision insurance
* Home Health
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Social Work, or equivalent
years of experience in lieu of degree?
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* health related: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Golden Valley Health Centers, Modesto , Geriatric Services Assistant (Central Valley PACE), Other , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!