Company: Modesto Grocery Outlet
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Utility Clerk Job Description: *
*Minimum Job Requirements: *
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
* Ability to climb a ladder to retrieve items from overhead racking
and storage areas.
* Ability to work in refrigerated coolers and high moisture rooms
for extended periods of time.
* Ability to work in varying temperatures, including a walk-in
freezer at -10 degrees
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
*Essential Job Functions: *
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the
Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These
functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintain Department sanitation and QA standards, including
sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard and refuse as needed
* Operate a baler and compactor.
* Be alert to temperatures and operating condition of refrigerated
storage areas and display cases; promptly communicate any problems
or equipment failures to key person in charge.
* Be knowledgeable of the various types of Frozen products;
including taste, preparation method or use, price differences,
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report
any equipment problems immediately.
* Maintain required communication within the Department and
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
* Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
* Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Frozen Foods operation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy, including uniform,
name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with in the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25
lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
* Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Frozen Foods
Department that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weighs up 75
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may
exceed 8 hours per day.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to
* Assist all Department Leads as needed.
* When required, price items accurately and legibly using approved
price marking devices.
* Ensure that featured sale merchandise is attractively signed to
* Accurately record markups and markdowns, in-store use of
merchandise, and bad merchandise/ spoilage write offs in accordance
with Company policies.
* Maintain Unit Price Labels (Tags) for all items, doing price
changes as required.
* Fully stock and rotate all frozen/grocery merchandise in cases,
shelves and other applicable displays according to tag allocation
and department standards.
* Unload and secure received product in appropriate refrigerated
storage areas using power or hand jack, carts, u-boats as
* Block and face all products in accordance to Company policy or as
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power jacks
and perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Every weekend
* Weekend availability
* You must answer this question for position consideration. As an
employee of H&R Markets Inc, you are expected to be at work as
scheduled with out missing any scheduled shifts. Do you understand
that you must work every scheduled shift?
* You must answer this question for position consideration. This
position requires that you be available from 5 AM to 10PM. 7 Days
per week. This position will be scheduled for morning shifts as
well as evening shifts, and will be scheduled to work both weekend
days every week. Do you understand the availability requirements
for this position?
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Modesto Grocery Outlet, Modesto , Utility Clerk, Other , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!