Company: MACT Health Board, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
LOCATION: Sonora, CA
POSITION TITLE: Medical Front Office Receptionist
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
STARTING SALARY: $20.56-$24.67/HOUR
A front office receptionist position whose primary purpose is to
provide clerical support to the Medical and Nursing staff, while
maintaining confidentiality according to the Privacy Act
procedures. Employee must work in a positive and respectful manner
with fellow employees. The position requires an awareness and keen
appreciation of American Indian traditions, customs, and
socioeconomic needs and the ability at all times to meet and deal
effectively in contacts with Indian health organizations which
requires tact, courtesy, discretion, resourcefulness and good
judgment in handling functions of a sensitive nature.
- Performs daily opening and closing office procedures as
- Greets arriving patients in a prompt, pleasant and helpful
- Verifies necessary patient demographics information in the
patient's health record.
- Books, coordinates and reschedules patient appointments.
- Oversees the general waiting area, coordinating patient
movements and reporting problems or irregularities.
- Responds to incoming calls/faxes timely, routes calls to the
appropriate area, takes and relays messages, communicates general
clinic information and responds to emergency calls according to
- Communicates with medical/nursing staff regarding any change in
patient scheduling emergency problems that should occur.
- Collects Copays and balances on accounts as instructed by the
Billing Department. Prepares receipts for payment transactions
according to established procedures.
- Must adhere to the MACT Health Board, Inc. Corporate Code of
- Maintain confidentiality with patient information at all times;
adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Interacts with all of the above in a considerate, helpful, and
courteous manner, as observed by the manager, peers and the
- Adheres to the MACT policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have a minimum of one year of front office medical
- Must pass Occupational Health Screening
- Must possess a valid form of identification as listed on the
U.S. Department of Justice I-9 form, verified using the E Verify
- Clean DMV driving record and MACT auto insurance driving
eligibility (determined by auto insurance carrier).
- Demonstrates proper use of office equipment.
- Proficient in problem resolution, detail analysis, and
- Ability to work as part of a professional team.
- Maintains professional composure and confidence during
- Promotes a positive and cooperative work environment by
communicating problems and workflow issues with supervisors, and
handling conflict in an appropriate manner.
- Maintains an acceptable level of accuracy, thoroughness, and
neatness as evidenced by audits.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete assignments in a
- Good oral and written communications, patience and tact. Well
- Intermediate skill level of computers and Microsoft Word,
Excel, and Outlook.
- NextGen Experience.
- Ability to pass a timed typing test at 45 wpm.
- Ability to pass a timed 10 key test accurately.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
AMERICAN INDIAN PREFERENCE:
Preference in filling of a vacancy will be given to qualified
American Indian applicants in accordance with the Preference Act
(Title 25, U.S. Code, Sections 472 & 473) and Public Law 93-638,
provided the applicant has submitted appropriate verification of
Indian preference for employment. Other than the aforementioned
requirement, the MACT Health Board, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
NOTICE OF DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE ACT REQUIREMENT:
MACT Health Board, Inc. is required to implement the Drug-Free
Workplace Act of 1988, 45 CFR Part 79, Subpart F. As such it is
unlawful for employees to manufacture, distribute, dispense,
possess, or use a controlled substance on the job site. Employees
who are reasonably suspected of violating this act may be subject
to drug testing as a condition of employment. Employer required
fitness examinations shall include drug testing as evidence of
employee and employer compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: MACT Health Board, Inc., Modesto , Receptionist, Other , Sonora, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!