Construction Superintendent - West Coast Travel
Company: SCS Engineers
Posted on: December 3, 2019
SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and
contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable
environmental solutions. We will be celebrating our 50th
anniversary as a company on Earth Day 2020! Our core capabilities
are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas,
environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields
redevelopment , site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory
compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for
protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in
their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the
environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners.
If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire
dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative
individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for the day-to-day
activities on-site with regard to project scope of scheduling,
manpower, and budget. This is a "working" superintendent role and
this position will involve travel in Northern and Southern
California, Oregon and Washington.
This role works closely with the Project Manager, and will
supervise a crew including laborers, equipment operators, field
technicians, fusion technicians, and project related sub
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the primary person on site responsible for safety, including
implementing site specific health and safety plans, and company
safety rules and policies.
- Review project scope/plans, specifications, schedule, budget,
contract documents, and deliverables. Also, track equipment and
- Provide assistance in setting up accounts with local hardware
stores, rental companies, etc.
- Plan daily crew work schedule, review and approve crew
time-sheets and expense reports.
- Supervise and assist, as appropriate, gas system piping and
flare installations including, pipe fusion and installations, gas
well drilling, earthwork, remediation, and other environmental
project activities including demolition of structures, and
remediation of contaminated property.
- Assists in operating one or several types of power construction
equipment, such as excavators, graders, rough terrain extended boom
forklifts, dozers, scrapers, back hoe, tractors, or loaders.
- Interview and hire personnel for local work.
- Ability to travel in Northern and Southern California, Oregon
and Washington for projects.
- Requires 8 to 12 years' experience supervising construction
projects in a related field.
- Proven track record of successful projects as a superintendent
- Comprehensive knowledge of installation and/or operation and
maintenance of environmental pollution control systems.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, OSHA HAZWOPER Supervisor
certification, OSHA Confined Space Entry Team certification, OSHA
Excavation Safety Competent Person certification preferred
- Experience or demonstrated high degree of aptitude in
mechanical work; analytical problem solving and data analysis;
interpretation of plans, specifications, schematics, manufacturer
manuals, system operation and maintenance manuals; interpretation
of applicable codes and regulations.
- Effective organizational as well as written and verbal
- Valid drivers license with a driving record in good standing
- Meet physical requirements for driving (pick-up truck), lifting
and carrying equipment/mechanical components (up to 50 lbs.
unassisted), hand excavation/digging (using shovels/picks),
carrying and climbing ladders, operating and working from man
lifts, operating electric tools, (drills, saws, etc.), using hand
tools, (screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, etc.), and providing
services under various weather conditions.
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic
direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with
responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer
excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive
compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K,
ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides
equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or
you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact
us about your interest in employment at
Keywords: SCS Engineers, Modesto , Construction Superintendent - West Coast Travel, Professions , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!