Plant Controls Engineer
Company: Stanislaus County Workforce Development
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Note: This is not a county position. As a service to employers
in the Stanislaus County we assist them with recruitment services
which include: new hire and job placement resources, targeted
recruitments, job posting and marketing, applicant screening
services, customized recruitment events and job fairs.
About Graham Packaging
Build a meaningful career with a company committed to a cleaner
world and a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable
packaging. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world to
provide them with safe, attractive and convenient packaging that
meets the demands of today's consumer.
Our company offers competitive compensation and an excellent
benefits program. But that's just the beginning of our story. There
are many reasons to launch a career with Graham packaging, here are
just a few:
- We offer training and development opportunities so you can
advance in your career with Graham.
- We have an excellent safety program, with one of the best
safety records in the industry.
- Our employees are proud to share that we treat our workforce
- We believe in open, transparent communications, starting with
- Our company is committed to bringing meaningful change to the
sustainability of our products and operations. In 2019 we were
honored with the Sustainability Leadership Award from the Business
Intelligence Group, and we recently pledged to make all of our
products 100% recyclable, compostable or reusable by 2025.
At Graham, we are focused on the possibilities for a better
product, a happier customer and a cleaner world. We recognize that
when we work together, we can achieve great things. We treat each
other with respect, and are united in a shared passion to make
sustainable products that make life easier for the consumers who
Come join us in our quest to create a better tomorrow!
The Plant Controls Engineer is responsible for performing technical
and project engineering duties to improve plant manufacturing
performance, reduce costs, improve methods, and assist in machine
maintenance and reliability. Responsible for the operation and
upgrade of electrical power distribution, automation systems,
machine safeties, vision system and equipment integration in an
automated factory environment
Focus includes development & improvement of plant automation &
control systems. The primary job function of a Plant Controls
Engineer may include:
- Communicate and review operational performance of production
equipment, and develop solutions to improve productivity.
- Develops automation and control system solutions to improve
operational performance. Solutions may include, but not limited to
PLC & HMI enhancements, vision systems, and robotic work
- Continually reviews the status of plant electrical systems and
offers value added upgrade solutions where applicable.
- Supports Operations with focus on producing quality product by
monitoring quality levels and adjust the manufacturing
- Reads and interprets drawings, blueprints, schematics and
electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial
electrical equipment installations.
- Develop & submit capital & expense projects to support plant
- Installs, examines, replaces or repairs electrical wiring,
receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber optic and cable
assemblies, lighting fixtures and/or other electrical
- Tests electrical and electronic equipment and components to
- Maintains, repairs, installs and tests switchgear,
transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors.
- Maintains, repairs, tests and installs electrical motors,
generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic
and pneumatic electrical control systems.
- Troubleshoots, maintains and repairs industrial, electrical and
electronic control systems and other related devices.
- Conducts preventive maintenance programs and keeps accurate
maintenance and electrical design change records.
- Training of maintenance staff in electrical systems and PLC
- Ensures that all plant personnel comply with safety rules,
especially with NFPA 70E
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or
- A minimum of 5+ years programming experience
- Plant Controls Engineers are required to interact with other
managers, employees, vendors, and customers.
Prior experience with the following technical areas:
- PLC & HMI programming. Beckhoff, RSLogix5000/500/5
- Plant SCADA systems.
- Prior experience with industrial control networks; Ethernet
1/P, Control Net, DeviceNET, DH+, Remote 110
- MS Office; Strong knowledge of MS-Excel, some VB
- AutoCAD / AutoCADLT / equivalent drafting and understanding
electrical, pneumatic and process flow prints.
- Ability to design and troubleshoot electrical and pneumatic
Plant Controls Engineers are required to interact with other
managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the
following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements
of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly
both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group
objectives; volunteers to help others.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Stanislaus County Workforce Development, Modesto , Plant Controls Engineer, Professions , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!