Forklift Operator (Non-Union): GMODE
Company: Graham Packaging
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Company Statement Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of
sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham
Packaging is part of your everyday life. They're the kind of people
you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and
suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for
our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that's
inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Overview Graham Packaging Company is looking for a Forklift
Operator based in Modesto, CA.Forklift Operators perform a
combination of product handling and lift truck operating duties to
stack, transport, and store work-in-process and finished goods.
Supplies production lines with efficient flow of materials -
knockdowns and dividers - and moves finished goods to warehouse.
Complete line driver reports accurately and legible showing
locations and quantities of raw materials used as well as
quantities and locations where finished goods were stored. Assist
production line employees by relieving them in breaks and lunchtime
periods. The primary duties of a Forklift Operator include:
- Follow all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company
policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Perform a safety lift truck inspection and battery check and
report any equipment malfunctioning or damage to the Warehouse
Manager or Shift Supervisor. Change lift truck batteries and add
water when necessary; keep record of time batteries are changed.
Fill out lift truck status report.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and
other related activities as assigned.
- Review daily production schedule with Shift Supervisor, brings
materials to the production lines when needed to execute schedule
and notify supervisor of any materials running low. Removes
finished goods from production lines, back to assigned warehouse
- Provide accurate information of unloaded materials as well as
materials used or produced to warehouse personnel.
- Remove, store, and unitize production scrap bales and informs
warehouse personnel when there is enough for a full load. Removes
excess corrugated from mezzanine and empties baler as required.
Takes full bales of cardboard scrap from baler to assigned location
in the warehouse.
- Maintain accurate records of materials being used and produced,
and reports them in appropriate paperwork, back to warehouse
- Remove finished goods and other materials in hold to assigned
location. Stores finished goods stacked neatly and in proper
height. Verifies that all finished goods removed from the
production area must have a product code tag.
- Participate in physical inventory taking.
- Keep each production line supplied with the proper knock down
cases, dividers, pallets and when each pallet is full take that
pallet to the warehouse for loading on the trailer; and takes
unused cases and dividers back to the warehouse to the proper
- On limited production, may assist in stock-handler duties or
load trailers as needed.
- Bring up hot glue cases to the mezzanine, brings color
concentrate to the lines, replaces cold glue tote, removes excess
cases from production floor, brings slip sheets to production
floor, loads storage racks with gaylords, set up rework, set up
units of product on hold for Q.C., relieves stock handlers, loads
and unloads corrugated trailers, identifies good corrugated from
the bad and isolates it.
- Follow established forklift procedures and complete required
safety and maintenance checklists
- Follow established procedures for damaged finished goods and
raw materials and report them on line driver report.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding shift totals and machine
totals reports and with other lift truck operators regarding any
changes or problems that arise, including damaged materials,
damaged skids, or low inventories.
- Complete written documentation as required.
- Assist in relieving downstream teammates for breaks and
- Use forklift to move pallets of finished product to stretch
wrap machines to stretch wrap them and to staging area after
wrapping, or to specify warehouse location. Completes finished
goods report or worksheet.
- Maintain supplies of corrugated and other packaging supplies at
- Visually inspect all completed pallets of product for quality
and conformity to the packaging instructions to ensure quality at
- Limited travel may be required. Qualifications Minimum of 1
year forklift experience preferred.Forklift Operators are required
to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers.
Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also
essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly
both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group
objectives; volunteers to help others. EEO Disclaimer Graham
Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Graham Packaging, Modesto , Forklift Operator (Non-Union): GMODE, Professions , Modesto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!